• 84 posts
  • Page 4 of 6
Glanru wrote:
If you think it's confusing now, play it on fog. Just prepare your mind first.
Thorpe wrote:
LOL
That is what I was talking about with fog...fun but WOW!

But do love the map! Now just to get caps! HeHe
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Can we have this as a reg. map with out the back and forth stuff?
Pntbttr did one close to this one but forgot a lot of territories.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
we are going to do a regular version but glanru was pretty adamant about it only being for capitals.

It's waiting on me to do new connection lines and you know how busy i have been.
Thorpe wrote:
I just like the map and thought it would be great for caps. No hurry, just thx for FYI.
The_Bishop wrote:
Never played this map, that special gameplay is not so attractive for me, I feel like basic tactics are compromised so that is like playing a game with different rules.

for reference (click to show)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
A tad bit late for a suggestion if it's at all possible. But in a strinct sense on this map it looks like Turkey is not connected to bulgria, as there is water in between everywhere.

They are however connected. Maybe an extra arrow there would clear things up. Or maybe a small part of Bulgaria should be split off and be part of turkey.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
Well... they are either connected, or Turkey is a prison for troops, because there is no other way out! :D
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
I think it would be better to put in the modern Turkey border North of the Dardanelles ( https://chronicle.fanack.com/turkey/geography/ ), which would be where Southern Bulgaria is, this would be totally intuitive then.

Of course in 1814, this area which Glanru correctly has as a Region was all part of the Ottoman Empire and rarely showed borders between Greece, Bulgaria & Turkey, so there's artistic license here.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Yes, that was what I ment with my second suggestion.
Only problem is that some ppl who do not know europe might now knot the seperate part is a part of turkey.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
At first side I would say an arrow is better (one sided arrow from Turkey to Bulgaria)

But maybe also the second way, expanding Turkey beyond the sea. I think ppl will understand it, as a piece of territory without sign nor circle is not a territory since it must be understandable it is part of Turkey. Though I don't know where the Turkish boundaries where in 1814...

While we are looking at it. I would like to mention... Do you know we have a similar case in World Expanded? Where UK borders with FGI even if separated by the sea, without dashed line connection.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Yes I was aware of World Expanded having that connection which is not very intuitive.
It should be more like FGI to UG.
Best to put that post in World Expanded thread.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
For the sake of the difficulty of the map (having to look up icons) I'd prefer not too much arrows. In this case it doesn't matter that much though.
periwinkle wrote:
I was creating a caps game and I wanted a more interesting map and a different challenge.  To my dismay there is no caps option for this map! Why not? This would be an awesome map...so challenging and different.