• 84 posts
  • Page 3 of 6
Pntbttr wrote:
...problem with fog of war...Greece can't see Naples...Greece should be able to attack Naples seeing as it's an infantry territory and Naples is an Artillary territory...am I totally missing something or is there a problem with the fog of war programming?

@Vexer I know it's awesome...but really tiring...
Glanru wrote:
I know this has been brought up before, but fog of war calculates backwards. You should not play this map with fog of war until that issue is fixed. I'm fairly certain myself and/or Vexer brought this up already.
Pntbttr wrote:
The fortifying is all messed up too...I think...I'm confused! We shouldn't have any fog games going if its messed up! If the fortifying is messed up too than we shouldn't have any games going! Is fortification by the same rules?

I want out of all the games I am playing in until this is fixed...I don't want to lose a bunch of skill points because the game messed up...
Vexer wrote:
Fortification isn't messed up. you just don't understand how it works yet. keep playing.

We knew fog was messed up which is why we said not to start any fog games. If i knew how to prevent fog games from being created on this map, I would do it.

Rather than kill all the games you are in pntbttr, i will turn them into non fog games.
Vexer wrote:
why would anybody want to play this map with fog right now anyway? it's enough of a challenge as is
Glanru wrote:
There is nothing wrong with fortifications on the map. They work just as the attacks do. There is a reason it's called an advanced map. You are supposed to think more than you would on a normal map. If you can't attack it, you can't fortify it.

I have no idea why someone would want to do fog on this map at this time. I want to play at least 20 games to get a somewhat decent strategy before I would even consider fog on this map.

You can always watch a regular game of this map in progress and check the log to figure out what's going on. I recommend that to anyone who has questions on how to play the map.
Pntbttr wrote:
I don't see where it says anything about not playing fog on the map...nobody said anything about it...
Pntbttr wrote:
your wrong...fortifications are wrong if they are by the same rule as attacking...I just fortified from Leon to Gascony...a Calvalry to an Artillery...
Vexer wrote:
it's cause fortifications are chained and you own a territory that is adjacent to both which connects them.

i think it was in the chat in the regular game room where i said not to do fog on this map. i must have forgot to post it here as well. in fact i never had time to even post here that the map went active.
Glanru wrote:
I guess, forgetting to post is something that happens. My memory of not posting aside, I want to assure everyone that reads this, fortifying on this map works just like attacking. If you hold a cannon between an infantry and a cavalry, you can fortify through the cannon to the Cavalry.
Pntbttr wrote:
Sorry I am just really confused...last night I noticed my mistake when I was thinking about it...just trying to understand the game...

You did say something there but I didn't notice it until yesterday night...

Sorry
Vexer wrote:
we have plans for a classic gameplay version but only for capitals game type. We could open it up for deathmatch but right now Glanru doesn't want to.
Vexer wrote:
Fog of War has been fixed so that you can now play it on this map. It works a little differently than you might think it would, however. You can see the territories that you can attack and the territories that can attack you but that you cannot attack.

Thorpe wrote:
Thx Vexer and WOW what a hard map to do fog on!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next