• 84 posts
  • Page 5 of 6
Cireon wrote:
Feel free to suggest some!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
periwinkle wrote:
I will! :) gimme a month....me and my peeps will come up with something  :)
elysium5 wrote:
This map could be crazy with caps. Looking forward to it!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
periwinkle wrote:
Anyone interested in helping us place the capitals...message me! The more the merrier! :)
clarkenfeld wrote:
Éventuel
How can we possibly remember those features while playing?
It's very simple. You just learn to remember. Takes a couple of games. A small challenge. Good for the soul.
periwinkle wrote:
ok....i discovered this is tough trying to put 9 capitals on this map!  so i'll start easy.....i like to test these out tho...

1v1 (two players) (click to show)

3 players (click to show)
The_Bishop wrote:
Wow, this is challenging! I mean setting the cap's on this map.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
I propose this:
4 players (click to show)

Distances are more or less equals:
Spoiler (click to show)

Everyone is on a border, everyone has 4 or 5 adjacencies.
dough_boy wrote:
The upper two should be nether and white russia. then I think they are all like 6/7
The_Bishop wrote:
dough_boy
The upper two should be nether and white russia. then I think they are all like 6/7
Well no, if you only change the upper two, then the lower two remain unchanged at a distance of 4 (from Sardinia to Wallachia) and 5 (from Wallachia to Sardinia). Right?
Plus, Nether. (the Netherlands) is only at 4 hops from Sardinia, from Netherland to Wallachia is only 5 hops, White Russia to Sardinia is 10, huge distance...

With 4 capitals you have to check 6 distances (like the 4 sides of a square plus the 2 diagonals). Here on this map each path has 2 directions, 12 distances to check for calling them "equally spaced". I think you did not check them all, you're just trying and guessing, dough_boy.

BUT however Netherlands and White Russia could be interesting as a 1v1 setup.
dough_boy wrote:
Maybe Sardinia needs to move to Baleric? That would be 6 each way. And then the others would be 6/7

I ignored checking your two bottom because I assumed you did the math on it. Even in your setup it should probably be Baleric...
The_Bishop wrote:
@dough_boy: White Russia to Balearics is 11 hops!
If you have a real proposal or idea I'm glad to discuss it, but you keep guessing without checking.
dough_boy wrote:
No...I counted. You cannot be perfect in all directions in a map like this. I would rather have most of them the same with one outlier than several of them shorter and several longer.

There is probably a reason there hasn't been caps on a map like this before as most of the game play is circular and not really designed for cross map.

Difference of opinion and I do not appreciate your attitude considering I said in YOUR example Baleraic should likely be it as it provides equidistance between 11 of the 12 paths
The_Bishop wrote:
I'm just trying to understand what you mean, dough_boy.

Whoever has a proposal just produce an image and post it here, as it was done by Periwinkle.
Then we will compare them.