anybody?
  • 101 posts
  • Page 1 of 7
Pntbttr wrote:
How about a basketball court, does anybody want to do something similar to what Zappy did with the baseball field?
Vexer wrote:
unfortunately, i am not really interested in a basketball court map. a baseball field makes so much more sense for a risk map because there are set positions.
Pntbttr wrote:
What about the lanes and the basket and the 3p line and the foul line and the paint and the bleachers and the half court line and all the other stuff on a basketball court!!!!!! I admit it might be harder but I bet we could do it.
Pntbttr wrote:
I drew a pic of a basketball court but I don't know where to put the areas.
Vexer wrote:
what do you mean by areas? Do you mean regions or territories or both?
Vexer wrote:
you just have to think about it and figure it out. If you can't figure it out then that probably means that it wont make a good map.

I started helping votazap with his map because he proved to me that a baseball stadium was a workable map by making his sketch. I would not have put even two seconds into working on a baseball map if he hadn't done that.
Pntbttr wrote:
OK I have finished I will post it when I have the time but it will be soon.
Pntbttr wrote:
I haven't labeled the territories yet. But I am thinking right 3 pointers 1 and 2, right 2 pointers 1 and 2, right paint and right backboard (that would be one region there would be one of these regions on the guest side and home side). Left 3 pointers 1 and 2, left 2 pointers 1 and 2, left paint and left backboard (this would be another region there would be one of these regions on the guest side and home side). Foul line, 3 pointer, right, left, center (of home and guest, this would also be a region). Out of bounds 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8. Or we could do home 1, 2, 3, 4, guest 5, 6, 7, 8.
I was also thinking that the basket should be kinda like the islands on Eld and give plus one if you own it and right or left court. What do you guys think?