anybody?
  • 101 posts
  • Page 3 of 7
Pntbttr wrote:
Yeah do you think I should include bleachers. I think it would be better with more territories.
Pntbttr wrote:
I don't understand I was using different program then paint.net but now that I start to use paint.net I don't know how to use it and it won't let me upload the pic anywhere
Vexer wrote:
you have to save the file as a .jpg, the default is to save as .pdn

While you are editing the file use .pdn, when you are ready to upload then save as .jpg.

there are lots of tutorials on paint.net on youtube. i highly recommend you watch some.
Pntbttr wrote:
I can't find the stupid plugin for the jumble thingy this is crazy!!!!!!!!! I have been looking for this all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vexer wrote:
1771 wrote:
I got a question, there will be no territories inside the green paint? Bleachers would be cool, more land means it is easier for an 8 man game, but we have to remember we only got 5 minutes still. I do like this map, you are doing a bang up job so far.
Pntbttr wrote:
Well, I am thinking right and left paint and backboard for right and left court, and I would like to have the basket as a territory; maybe as a plus one for all touching territories. I don't think I will do the bleachers, I have enough territories. I have 23 territories. here is the placement.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/basketballmapplacement.jpg/
Pntbttr wrote:
Correction for above first sentence "Maybe as a plus one for all touching regions.".
1771 wrote:
Man I wish I would of played more basketball now, because I am all confused,lol. The left side seem to have 4 terr. in the dark yellow and dark orange, while the right has only 3 in the yellow and orange. Is that right? So, the green is going to be broke up into 5 territories?
Pntbttr wrote:
Your confusing me too! Now that I look at it, it is pretty hard to see the white on the yellow. there is another at the bottom. I would like the regions to be,
Home:
Right court: two 3 pointers, two 2 pointers, one Paint, one Backboard
Left court: two 3 pointers, two 2 pointers, one Paint, one Backboard
Out of bounds: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Visitor:
Right court: two 3 pointers, two 2 pointers, one Paint, one Backboard
Left court: two 3 pointers, two 2 pointers, one Paint, one Backboard
Out of bounds: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Baskets Home and Visitor
I would like these to be a plus one for all touching regions.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/basketballmapplacement.jpg/
1771 wrote:
 pntbttr does one person have to own the greens on both sides of the court to get the +men, if not have you considered it, would make for a real nice twist I believe. just a thought. may not even be a good one, but I like it different and that it would be.
Vexer wrote:
now you are getting somewhere pntbttr! big improvement.

I am assuming that the two greens are separate regions.

Also pntbttr, i noticed that the image is 800 pixels by 500. is this because of imageshack? is your original bigger? it should be 1024 pixels wide. also I noticed that you rotated it. i liked it better rotated the other way and I think it would work better with the site that way so that you don't have to scroll to see the whole image.

You should use the actual territory circles to see how many will fit on the map. just make sure your map is resized to the right dimensions first. should be 1024 x 640 for now. you can increase the size to 1024 x 768 later to make room on the bottom for the legend and/or minimap.

Here is the file for the territory circle. right click on it to save it.

[image]