House Map - In progress
  • 83 posts
  • Page 1 of 6
Glanru wrote:
The original idea for this map came to me in a dream. I've changed the layout quite a bit since that dream. I removed halls as they would be too good of control points. I had more planned for the outside, but with halls being removed it seemed less practical to have additional methods for getting outside besides a front and back door.

This is still in the early stages. I figured it'd be helpful to get feedback. Any confusion on how the areas will interact? Any rooms you think would be required or helpful to include? Any ideas on how to modify the layout to increase fun game play?

[image]
cody224 wrote:
I think it looks great. Its good to have some new map makers around here
Glanru wrote:
Just in the event anyone does get confused, thick black lines are walls, thin black lines just distinguish territory. Also, I accidentally changed one of the doors to a yellow instead of white. The master bath is intended to be accessed by the master bedroom.

I would really appreciate more feedback on bonuses. I've thought most could use slightly higher. But, the guest house in that case wouldn't go up, I meant to have labeled that a 1 bonus like the bedrooms.
Dsds7292 wrote:
I think that the bonuses should all go up by one personally. Other than that, great.
Dsds7292 wrote:
making the guest house 2. In the world map, SA has the same number of territories and entrance ways from the other bonuses as the guess house does. Either way is fine
Dsds7292 wrote:
just noticed, does the garage enter the TV area or the family room
1771 wrote:
why is there even a t.v. area, looks to me like it just creates confusion, and counts for nothing? the same thing looks like it applies to the fireplace in the living room, the bar in the food area, and the carport and mailbox in the driveway/ front yard area.
Glanru wrote:
@1771: I see where the TV area adds confusion, but thought it was good enough to at least push to the forums to get feedback. I do intend to fix the TV area. I don't see where the other areas you listed, the fireplace, the bar, the carport, or the mailbox add confusion. They should just be considered other territories that can attack adjacent territories that are not blocked by a thick black line. IE the fireplace can attack and be attacked by the living room.

When I get to using a program that is actually good for map making, I don't plan on every territory in a region having the exact same color. They would instead have different shades of the same color.

If possible I'll also try to fix some proportions of areas, namely the bar is far to big to be a counter, but kinda small to be it's own room. Either I need to shrink it or enlarge it, and if I enlarge it, I should include walls.