• 49 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
Hoodlum wrote:
A project developed in the map dabble thread.

*extra texture edit since

France
21 regions
91 territories

France (click to show)

100% view

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
First thought: there are very few regions in which not every territory is a border. Hard to defend anything here.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Perhaps add some of the rivers and make them nice parallel, thin rivers..
Perhaps, move the word Impassables up to the top edge of the impassable thumbnail, so that it's not suggesting that the mini-map is the impassables.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:

added a new mountain range and rivers for gameplay, options. impassable moved

river edit (click to show)

100% view
The_Bishop wrote:
Indeed nice job... Some details I have noticed:
  • The French tricolour line is partially covering the letter "Ç";
  • I would like to move the impassible key a bit lower to fill the void;
  • Andorra is there, but Luxembourg is missing!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes @benmarcp, Martin was probably right, but then rivers and mountains were added.

As for the title I think it is good as it is, but - just FIY - I let you know that France is also sometimes called: "L'Hexagone" (the hexagon).
This may excludes or also includes the island of Corsica:
[image]
https://i.ibb.co/pht7jbW/France-hexagon.jpg
Edit: changed / re-loaded the image, hoping it is seeable now.

Hoodlum wrote:
that is interesting. (i can't see your image) when i used the 'show adjacents' tool in the map editor (before the rivers were added) that's what it really looked like to me.

Spoiler (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
I googled Luxembourg - looks really nice there! - it's been added to the map. i've moved the impassable to fill in that space.
fixed up the title that the tricolour bar covered.
 i thought about incorporating a hexagon as a frame for the minimap..buttttt Corsica ruins it lol!
but here's an attempt

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Cireon wrote:
If you wanted to give this map a super distinct look, you could make all the territory borders be aligned with a hexagonal grid (just like we do with an 8 directions in San Francisco), but maybe that's a bit too far-fetched and a lot of extra work ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
Cireon
If you wanted to give this map a super distinct look, you could make all the territory borders be aligned with a hexagonal grid (just like we do with an 8 directions in San Francisco), but maybe that's a bit too far-fetched and a lot of extra work ;)

nice idea! i might have a crack at that if i keep getting days off work lol.
The_Bishop wrote:
Très cool l'Hexagone!
Nice idea from Cireon too, although I'm not sure how it will match with mountains, let's see what Hoodlum can do...

Territory names, I'm sorry, but they are a bit inaccurate:
See list (click to show)
Dashes are not mandatory, but we should be consistent: either all, either none.
Accents are normally mandatory, if we do not put them in the game-log I'm fine with that because they only generate problems there, but I would like to see them on the map.

Just for my information... @Hoodlum, do you see my image in previous post, now? The image itself is nothing important, but I want understand if people see it, please.
Matty wrote:
The mountains make 3 territories not be borders anymore. All the rivers make 4 territories not be borders anymore.
On 91 territories, this does not make a huge impact on the gameplay.

Is France really a good map to play risk on?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria