• 49 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
Hoodlum wrote:
aeronautic
I like the Hexagon around the main part of the mini-map, but I don't think we can have Corsica outside it, it's not intuitive.
Just continue the white lines around it in angular shapes to make it an appendage to the hexagon.
[image]

i do agree that it needs to be intuitive, i was hoping to not have to do the appendage thing because it kind of makes it not a hexagon
how about this tho? impassable frames also for the theme

Spoiler (click to show)
100 % view
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Even better as a separate hexagon.
I really like the take on the impassables, that looks so unique and cool.
I love it now.... Graphically, it's not just very aesthetic, but also a work of art.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
dough_boy wrote:
I think it is fun, but it really needs to be used by larger number of players (like Texas). This type of map goes back to my suggestion that assignment be made by region then territory. So if 5 players, each would have one spot in a 5 territory region. Prevents someone from getting a region on the drop and running away with the game.
Dima wrote:
this map reminds me of texas, atlantis and battle of the elements maps. All of them lack choke points and this make the game more boring. Compare them to maps such as world expanded, mediteranean, world inverted ot italy and u ll see what i mean.

anyway, release this map. i would like to try it in my tourney
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Hoodlum wrote:
we've had a few tests now..
here are the current cap positions.

2 player game 1047451
3 player game 1047452
4 player game 1047453
5 player game 1047454
6 player game 1047455
7 player game 1047456
8 player game 1047457
9 player game 1047458

i like the look, gameplay, theme. it's just a scroller that can't be helped.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
If there are no other concerns with this map, I will make it Beta.

I have named it "French Republic", but if Hood wants to change it to the French title, he can do that whenever.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
ptgreg wrote:
Hello,

Is there any way to create a new game with this map?
It doesn't appear on my list, even though I am playing it : https://dominating12.com/game/1058671

Cheers,

AlexCheckMate wrote:
ptgreg
Hello,

Is there any way to create a new game with this map?
It doesn't appear on my list, even though I am playing it : https://dominating12.com/game/1058671

Cheers,

https://dominating12.com/account/premium
Early access to new maps

The map hasn't been released yet to the entire community. You can join games which are created by others; but you can't create a game on the map yourself.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Dima wrote:
Hey, can u release it ? I would like to use it in my tourney. Or maybe just give me an exclusive right to use it in the tourney before the actual release.
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
farspaceplace wrote:
Played it once - good map. Only gripe is, that the rivers dont really "spring" into your eyes at first. Once u know them - no problem, but could they be a little more blue or sprinkled with glitter or something?
Otherwise i really enjoyed it. Good work.
B4rny wrote:
Just an idea, maybe create ports too? To connect Pas de calais, Finistere and Pyrenees athlantiques. value of bonuses would be +1.
Dima wrote:
No, i am against. It will create too much interconnectivity. And one good thing about a big map is that the interconnectivity is smaller. That increases the uncertainty and makes the game more challenging and more unexpected. And thus forces you to make a more sophisticated strategy.

I am really against. If you add ports, you will simply get a new battle of elements map where everything is connected to everything. I wont play it then.
Dima wrote:
The territories borders are already messy and scattered (which is bad) without meaningful chokepoints (just like gold coast).... this map is on the verge of becoming as bad as gold coast and battle of elements.. 
aeronautic wrote:
this map reminds me of texas, atlantis and battle of the elements maps.

I have to disagree with this statement.
In Atlantis, there are literally loads of choke points. The 4 main ones are in stark contrast, that is the 4 road gates to the city, these combined with The Lighthouse can lay siege to everything inside the city, that's 60 territories choked by just 5. Plus there are other choke points around the land
In particular, Trader's Road, it can stop the flow from the city, the south to the centre north and like in World Classic, if you can't get through, you have to take a very long route around.
Southern Road, pretty much chokes the whole South East quadrant.

Here in the France map, you have Allier & Eure et Loir, 2 significant choke points.
Look how far you have to detour if you can't get through Allier.

This is what makes the large maps fun to play, the routes and strategies required are not as obvious or easy to memorise as smaller spread out maps.