Hoodlum map
  • 97 posts
  • Page 6 of 7
aeronautic wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

AlexCheckMate
It's funny that months ago I already felt the map was completely done (and I still kinda feel so), however, we're all still finding things which we might prefer to see slightly different, for all kinds of justifiable reasons - what an optimisation process.
It's a refinement process that we have always adopted, as it actually helps a map to be the best it can be, to meet D12 standards.
Neither the creator nor a forum helper can achieve this alone, it requires many helpers giving legitimate suggestions and also finding things that have been missed or overlooked.

All suggestions have been good ones, I am very happy the way the map is progressing.
My hope is that the same people here, plus our regular map critics will continue to give valuable input on newly created maps.

As for the Mini Map annex of Canada & UK, I would try removing the insignia altogether, as the annex already suggests to the player that there's a bonus that is not apparent on the mini map.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
insignias removed from the minimap.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
aeronautic
AlexCheckMate
It's funny that months ago I already felt the map was completely done (and I still kinda feel so), however, we're all still finding things which we might prefer to see slightly different, for all kinds of justifiable reasons - what an optimisation process.
It's a refinement process that we have always adopted, as it actually helps a map to be the best it can be, to meet D12 standards.
Neither the creator nor a forum helper can achieve this alone, it requires many helpers giving legitimate suggestions and also finding things that have been missed or overlooked.

All suggestions have been good ones, I am very happy the way the map is progressing.
My hope is that the same people here, plus our regular map critics will continue to give valuable input on newly created maps.

Yeah, I didn't mean it as a negative critique, I meant it as an appreciation which I didn't expect to be there - I'm impressed at how professional this is being treated and about the improvements that do still surface. I applaud it. In short, I underestimated this process and it's value ^^ Sorry if it came across differently.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Fendi wrote:
Hoodlum
@fendi - do you even play anymore? :)
Can't and won't say No to this map. :)
aeronautic wrote:
@Alex I didn't take it as negative, I was just explaining how we do things as you are reasonable new to being a Map Helper... welcome aboard !

@Hood, I think that looks right now, what do you think?

For me the map looks ready.
Does anyone see anything that is still overlooked?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
aeronautic
@Alex I didn't take it as negative, I was just explaining how we do things as you are reasonable new to being a Map Helper... welcome aboard !

@Hood, I think that looks right now, what do you think?

For me the map looks ready.
Does anyone see anything that is still overlooked?

go to go from me.
Hoodlum is online.
Hoodlum wrote:
i wanna play it now. let's go beta!
edit..it's beta
Hoodlum is online.
aeronautic wrote:
Your great maps are getting even better Hood, if that's possible.
aghast11 wrote:
I joined a WWII map once, in Death Match.

When will it be available as one of the map choices for games we start?
aeronautic wrote:
It has to stay in Beta for now, to give players enough time to find any problems with the map.
If you are interested in testing maps for this purpose, please apply to the admins for Beta privileges, where you will be able to create games on all Beta maps for the main purpose of feedback (positive/negative).
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Any more testing required? If so, add me to the games :) if not, let's release this excellent map!
Edit: actually I think a couple of territory names could do with a change - I'll post in a few hours when I've had time to check I'm not wrong :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

dough_boy wrote:
So the lat/lng might need to be adjusted. For instance, 180 is going through Alaska which isn't correct. Also, 0 isn't on the map but it should be closer to 30.
Hoodlum wrote:
thanks dough, i forgot about checking if i had fixed that. will get to it soon
Hoodlum is online.