Hoodlum map
  • 97 posts
  • Page 2 of 7
Hoodlum wrote:
thanks dough. i changed it. 100%

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
I find the neutral territories "pop off" the map a bit much. Otherwise I like the new colours :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I've been staring a bit at the map and it's connection lines. And I was wondering, is there a good (historical) reason for the connection line between Madagascar and West Australia?

Because I think if you remove that one, you'll make both regions a lot more defensible.

Other then that, maybe make BC reach all the way to the north, so that the N. Can region is not a border.
Not sure if that helps though - it's a crap region that nobody wants anyways, with or without that extra border.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
i dont know of any history. both suggestions are good ones. i stretched the territory line of BC, and shaped it around the Yukon..called it W. CAN

dimmed the neutral territories just a bit too while i was at it.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
dough_boy wrote:
I think if you don't have that connection it is going to be a pain to go from South Africa to Australia.

And the way CA is laid out now closely resembles the real world.
Hoodlum wrote:
how about, change that south atlantic connection as QLD to E. AFRICA? which are already borders.

Spoiler (click to show)

100%
Hoodlum wrote:
changed the last image post link to display +3 for Africa
Cireon wrote:
- Russia and China don't have region labels.
- The new connection in Africa Increases map connectivity, but makes it so you can't reduce the number of borders to defend by taking LAVANT, though I guess it doesn't matter because Egypt is already a border from the other side. This map may have some super regions worth thinking about in terms of balancing though.
- Missing bits of connection lines near Sri Lanka, Korea, and Japan.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Hoodlum wrote:
oops. region label layer must be underneath the land layer.
missing connection bits are deliberate because for circle placement on the map. I usually delete any connection lines underneath circles so it displays numbers better.
Hoodlum wrote:
1 (click to show)
2 (click to show)

100% view
Cireon wrote:
Ok, that makes sense, though make sure to double-check it still works well on the small map size :)
Matty wrote:
I (or someone else) should probably check all region bonusses at some point.
Because I don't think Africa is +3, and I don't think SE Asia is +3 either.
Africa is either a region with 8 territories and 3 borders, or a region with 6 territories and 5 borders. Both are worth more then a +3 I guess.

This is just an example, the other regions may have similar problems.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
I created a spreadsheet based upon the rules set forth.

If you don't count the neutral it is 6 territories with 3 to defend. This would be a +3. If you include the neutral it makes it 6 territories with 5 to defend, so +4.

SE Asia is 4 territories with 4 to defend, or +3. Unless the rule is you don't round to the closest 1 and instead round down.
Matty wrote:
So, if someone else owns the neutral territories, and you own all the Africa territories (which is the situation if you don't count them as part of the region), then you have 5 territories to defend (only Madagascar is not a border).
South Africa and central Africa are bordering the neutrals.

I completely missed the Sri Lanka Island, my bad.