Hoodlum map
  • 97 posts
  • Page 4 of 7
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
tried something - it may cause less confusion with the allies being on both sides of the map. i split them up in two different regions, = 1 + 3..with a special bonus of +1 for holding both. similar to Australasia guinea bonus.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

https://dominating12.com/game/946128

It's not yet working in the way you want it to. GB region currently gives +3 instead of +1. Can you adjust this for running games? (Doesn't really matter though ofc... as it's just a test game... but I do wonder ;d)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
it does change for running games. i forgot to change it .oops
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
latest edit. maybe this is clearer

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
AlexCheckMate wrote:
You might still have to press a few more buttons somewhere though:

When trying to access an Axis & Allies game: https://dominating12.com/game/946130

Dominating 12
Whoops!

Something went wrong with processing your request. If this happens repeatedly, please report your problems to a staff member. Click here to return to the frontpage.

@dominating12

I do think this latest edit could work^^
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
probably broke that game due to the change of bonus
aeronautic wrote:
I think you really have to come up with a different colour for German & Italian territories, it's far too close to the UK & Iceland colour.
You can then either reunite Canada with UK bonus or you will also have to change the colour of Canada.
Thinking about the colour scheme, because the map is essentially all the Allies against all the Axis Powers, I think all Allies should be shades of one colour and all Axis should be shades of a contrasting colour and all neutral countries the same neutral colour.

As the intention of my earlier suggestion was to make the map look like it was from a War Office, the military stamp suggestion was to imply this. However, as you have gone for period newspapers, I know that they are there to imply the period, but are not fitting to a war map. Therefore, I suggest either fading them down to only just visible, like in the Texas map or trying a different idea.
I see the map as an actual strategy map on a large wall, where military leaders draw arrows and circles and stick in pins.

The national insignia should all be the same size. I suggest that the German insignia is the ideal size to match.
Also, the insignia seem to be from air-forces in some cases and from flags in other cases. We need to have insignia that collaborates different nations as an Ally or group of countries united in their cause. I think the Air-Force Roundel theme is a good one.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
ProblemChild96 wrote:
Is a color scheme really all that's holding this back?
Appear weak when you are strong and strong when you are weak. "Sun Tzu - The Art of War"
Hoodlum wrote:
latest edit

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
dough_boy wrote:
Only comment is the smaller inset 5 bonus should it be reversed? So put the left on the right? I know the larger map is this way, but it might be more intuitive.
Hoodlum wrote:
dough_boy
Only comment is the smaller inset 5 bonus should it be reversed? So put the left on the right? I know the larger map is this way, but it might be more intuitive.

like so?

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

dough_boy wrote:
No...I think it should be reversed within the box. So upper NA on the left, UK on the right.
Hoodlum wrote:
gotcha now

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Matty wrote:
Finishing a map you started more than 2 years ago. I really like it though, so thanks.

The only thing I can thonk of to improve is that some of the icons (especially the russian flag in Volga) seems to have a bigger border than the others. May be a trick on my eyes though.

But really, it's a very good map.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
Matty
Finishing a map you started more than 2 years ago. I really like it though, so thanks.

The only thing I can thonk of to improve is that some of the icons (especially the russian flag in Volga) seems to have a bigger border than the others. May be a trick on my eyes though.

But really, it's a very good map.

i think i played around with the sizes at some point, but was going to get around to making them more consistent. i have made them all the same size big ones / small ones

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

dough_boy wrote:
I like it. The only remaining comment is what are the icons over France and Italy?