Hoodlum map
  • 97 posts
  • Page 3 of 7
Spartakus wrote:
Map is nice, just put some darker colors, something like military colors, this is to lights. For example colors from map World expanded it's nice, darker yelow, green, blue , and red..
Hoodlum wrote:
Latest dabble of Axis Allies map

Spoiler (click to show)
100% view
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Nice looking map, but for WWII maps, I think it works best to make them look 1940's, perhaps use a sun-parched paper for the sea and add a military stamp on the map... ideas... "Classified" or "Property of US Military", in a rubber stamp effect, i.e. not complete and not straight.

Also, the colours of the regions I think should be all one group of colours for Axis and one group for Allies in a pastel 1940's style.

Font could be a bit more military style.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
Latest dabble with this.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
dough_boy wrote:
I like it. I think the paper on the lower left should be washed out more like the others.
Hoodlum wrote:
Thanks dough, updated

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
dough_boy wrote:
Are the blues in the upper left and upper right the same region? If so I think it is 8 territories having to defend 5, that would make it a bonus of 5. Also if they are, the color in the smaller map appears more close to match the 7 gray.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I sure like the map :) Looks very stylish.

dough_boy
Are the blues in the upper left and upper right the same region? If so I think it is 8 territories having to defend 5, that would make it a bonus of 5. Also if they are, the color in the smaller map appears more close to match the 7 gray.

I was just having the same thought! (Didn't ask/mention the same thing though :p)

https://dominating12.com/game/945740 - Testgame; feel free to join in! =)
30 Sep, 13:30 AlexCheckMate: I'm not quite sure to what region Island/GB/IRL belong - the large EU/Afr thing, or Canada? I assume the former - wouldnt it be weird to group them with Germany?

What was it again... great minds think alike? :p

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

few changes.. bonus for allies is now 5. allies colour adjusted, as well as the ANZAC region (Australia/NZ)
dough_boy wrote:
Is the upper left on the little map the same color as the larger map? To me it appears the GB/ISL/IRL, etc is the same color as Europe.
Hoodlum wrote:
tried something - it may cause less confusion with the allies being on both sides of the map. i split them up in two different regions, = 1 + 3..with a special bonus of +1 for holding both. similar to Australasia guinea bonus.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Hoodlum wrote:
Time frame : the maps regions would be around the event just after pearl harbour attack (since i added the pearl harbour attack newspaper :).
US is bout to join the Allies..Russia switching..

Russia after first having cooperated with Germany in invading Poland whilst remaining neutral in the Allied-Axis conflict, the Soviet Union perforce joined the Allies in June 1941 after being invaded by Germany

Although the war began with Nazi Germany's attack on Poland in September 1939, the United States did not enter the war until after the Japanese bombed the American fleet in Pearl Harbor 1941.

i'm not a history buff - just learn most stuff from making d12 maps research :D
Cireon wrote:
In the official axis & allies game you can't put troops in neutral countries. Have we considered what that would do to the gameplay? It may make it a bit more different.

Also, in the latest version the way the allies bonus works is still not fully clear just from looking at the map.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
Hoodlum
Time frame : the maps regions would be around the event just after pearl harbour attack (since i added the pearl harbour attack newspaper :).
US is bout to join the Allies..Russia switching..

Russia after first having cooperated with Germany in invading Poland whilst remaining neutral in the Allied-Axis conflict, the Soviet Union perforce joined the Allies in June 1941 after being invaded by Germany

Although the war began with Nazi Germany's attack on Poland in September 1939, the United States did not enter the war until after the Japanese bombed the American fleet in Pearl Harbor 1941.

i'm not a history buff - just learn most stuff from making d12 maps research :D
Sorry...was just comparing it to the actual game, not "real life". I think most assume Axis = Germany & Japan, Allies, everyone else. Granted I haven't played it in a long time.