The Black Sea and surrounding areas
  • 97 posts
  • Page 7 of 7
Moai wrote:
Hey Guys, long time no see! Hoodlum private messaged me circa a month ago, I just found the email notification in my spam. Wow! The map looks absolutely wonderful! My mom's a graphic designer, so I played around with Photoshop on her computer when I was ~16 to make the basis for the map. It looks so great now, and I'm really happy you guys finished the map!

Two things,

Kiev has a typo; it reads Klev,
and I first created the map when the Crimean war was fairly recent, so the +1 for holding Crimea with either Ukraine or Russia made a lot of sense, although I do see how it could be easier to do the +1 for Crimea and Italy; the only thing I don't like about this, is that grouping those two territories together makes a weird quasi-region, but I haven't played on the map yet, so it might actually be a good thing.

Hoodlum, Thorpe, and the rest of you guys who helped did a great job!
Hoodlum wrote:
Welcome back Moai. I have adjusted that spelling error. cntrl f5 and it should display the latest image. After some research on the area i thought that Crimea bonus was related to the Crimea war theme, and made good sense. As you might read in the thread, we required the extra territory so Italy was added and then the team opted for a different gameplay. I have played several games on it, and the gameplay is one of my favourites already. 
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
This map has been in Beta testing for a long time.

As there are no reported problems with it, I will make it active.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Great! I like a lot this map, how it looks and how it works! I think the job started at the age of the dinosaurs :D I'm happy to see it finished.

To be honest, there are some geographical inaccuracies that catch my eye, but I won't mention it for now, if it is only me then it must be okay.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
vikingo1337 wrote:
Just noticed the Israel army touches the frame if you switch to the ‘Smaller’ map. Maybe move it up a little.
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks for the feedback vikingo1337, I have moved it up a couple of pixels, please let us know how that sits in the smaller frame?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.