The Black Sea and surrounding areas
  • 97 posts
  • Page 5 of 7
Hoodlum wrote:
I gave a few of my projects to thorpe to play around with, including this one.
It is a layered file. edits should be easy
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Thorpe wrote:
Weird I have not touched the text all but the mini map and the Med. Sea on the bottom left corner
...on it though
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Stratosphere wrote:
Nice one Thorpe.
thanks and good job.
note that "Azerbaijan" is misspelled as "Azerbaljan"
also "Cyprus" is misspelled as "Cyrpus"
Thorpe wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Fixed the two misspelled words
and hope the text is better if not Hoodlum might have to do them...text has been my downfall...I do not know how to use Photoshop, using paint.nst
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks for the enhancements and edits that you did on this map, please send it back to Hoodlum, there is something on some layer covering / blurring some of the text labels & their effects as well as the leg of the "p" on Podkarpackie and he will be able to find the rogue layers in his graphics package and finalise the map

Does anyone think that we need the "and surrounding areas" in the title?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Thorpe wrote:
What about now?
Spoiler (click to show)

Brought the text layer to the top and removed the text under the title, now it just the Black Sea.
Now you want me to do the Capitals? Is it for nine players still?
aeronautic wrote:
The question (do we need the "and surrounding areas" in the title?) was meant for discussion, I don't dictate how a map is refined, I only ensure that it is.
The problem with the labels is still there and I think Hoodlum needs to take receipt of the updated file to investigate the layer problem.
[image]
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Thorpe wrote:
The "surrounding areas" was a question I had and wonder why it was there...so I took the step.
As for the text I guess I do not understand what is wrong with it...maybe it is my old eyes...
will sent it to Hoodlum.
Hoodlum wrote:
edits..
Fixed the label. the bottom half was just cut off probably from having moving the labels in position. PDN just turns the text into images.
a few zoom in pixel fixes here and there on the border lines, not really noticeable, unless your psymonstark lol. and inset remade for change of italy colour.

latest edit (click to show)

100% view
aeronautic wrote:
Just noticed Jordan and Iraq have no dividing line and it's not on the minimap either, are they connected or are minimaps impassable? LOL

Also the minimap is not the whole map reduced.

Title needs to be moved down if staying as current wording.
Connection lines look a bit overbaring, perhaps add a hint of the sea colour to subdue them.
Fendi wrote:
Is it me or is the map saturated?

I like the version from Post #48 more and how the texture of the ocean and land is visible. But I also like the additional detail to the ocean and the darkness of the most recent version. I like how this map is turning out.
Thorpe wrote:
Just noticed Jordan and Iraq have no dividing line and it's not on the minimap either, are they connected or are minimaps impassable? LOL

Also the minimap is not the whole map reduced.

Too funny I did not see that... I would have fixed that for Hoodlum.
Thorpe wrote:
Fendi
Is it me or is the map saturated?

I like the version from Post #48 more and how the texture of the ocean and land is visible. But I also like the additional detail to the ocean and the darkness of the most recent version. I like how this map is turning out.
I do not think I touched saturated levels but it looks like it has been increased...weird
Hoodlum wrote:
Yeah i noticed that it was saturated more. i think it happened when i suggested changes of the yellowy regions, when we had added italy to crimea bonus,
i think i reverted the original colour in post 48. keeping thorpes yellow region changes.
moai had the minimap there as an impassable lol. it wasn't mentioned so i assumed everyone was fine with it.
*i redrew the lines, so iraq and jordan are now adjacent
*fixed the minimap to scale. and just got rid of the territory lines
*centered the title, and added a little bit of sea texture around it.
*connection lines recoloured

Version post #74 (click to show)
caps suggests (click to show)

100% view
aeronautic wrote:
Awesome update, so much attention paid to the refinement requirements.

Perhaps the connections are now a tiny bit too camouflaged, just a tad of brightness should sort them.

No time to check the Capitals at the moment.