The Black Sea and surrounding areas
  • 97 posts
  • Page 2 of 7
aeronautic wrote:
Sorry, I've been intending to amend all the old site image links on the Map Threads, just haven't got around to them yet.
I will amend the Circle links to the new folders right now.
Thanks for the PNG in the meantime Psymon.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Moai wrote:
Hey guys sorry I've been really busy this week, I'll be posting an updated version later in the day...
Moai wrote:
Edit:
Spoiler (click to show)

I don't life the font in the Minimap, and I'm still trying to find a good font for the Black Sea tittle

I'll add the circles on the next edit
Matty wrote:
Small nitpick, but if you look at turkey, you see that they are connected, but the border looks a bit ticker, and since both land sides are rounding inwards, it has very much the look like there is a canal between them. (Which there is of course, so that's good!)

Could you make it something like that for the Crimea - Krasnodar connection too?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Yes, because they are part of the same country in reality, in the interest of not spoiling the map with unnecessary bridges, you should cheat the waterway with a normal land connection and make it a normal territory divider, as Matty has suggested.

I'm not sure about the special bonus, holding Ukraine and/or Russia with Crimea = +1. You see, the program won't be able to subtract a bonus if you hold both regions and it will add +2. We have managed to make unique special bonuses before, but they were multiples, not variables (and/or), so I think the special bonus will have to be one or the other region plus Crimea.
I might be wrong there and Psymon might know a way to do it, so wait to see what Psymon says first.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
I would like Crimea to stay a disputed territory, it's so realistic and current.

I'm not a fan of those 2 almost identical region colours (West Turkey and Caucasus Countries).
Maybe one of the two can be light-green or brown, or... olive!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
PsymonStark wrote:
Psymon says it should work either way. By either way I mean holding Russia+Ukraine+Crimea: +2+2+2 or +2+2+1. Just add a -1 bonus for holding everything.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
HammerTime wrote:
Nice looking so far moai,will Crimea have a 1 bonus for just holding it alone or just the extra 1 if holding the three regions?
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
PsymonStark wrote:
No, if you hold it alone is 0, if you hold it with either Ukraine or Russia it's a +1. Then I don't know if it's held with both. +1 or +2 then?
The_Bishop wrote:
I don't think the +1 extra bonus should be accounted 2 times.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Moai wrote:
Sorry for being active for the past week or two, but as far as bonuses go I was thinking of what Bishop is saying, but again if you hold Ukraine, Russia, and Crimea that's a huge territory so it could go either way, I'll post a redone version tomorrow, colour wise and the Crimea Krasnodar connection edit....
aeronautic wrote:
This map will be moved to Inactive for 1 Month+ in the Map Progress
Moai wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
(Edit by aeronautic) I have adjusted the file name to make it appear in the spoiler.
All you need to do to it is paste the address as you have but, put .png on the end, because the image tags will only display an image with a file type.
Also PNG's are big files and take a lot of resources to load the page before you can use it, so it's always better to convert it to a JPG before uploading to imgur.com, then when you post it here, do as above but with .jpg added to the end.

Crimea now connecting to Russia

http://imgur.com/QdZjHeU

Spoilers not working
Moai wrote:
Any more fixes before I do the circles? (Besides the background)
PsymonStark wrote:
The circles should be in a different layer, so there shouldn't be a problem in fixing anything later.