The Black Sea and surrounding areas
  • 97 posts
  • Page 4 of 7
Matty wrote:
Yeah, maybe the problem is that it's green.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
0 on the minimap? works for me.

Italy doesn't have to be anything, but the map needs 52 territories. (without Italy it's 51) Forbidden territory count is 36-38 and 45-51

36-38 and 45-51 territory maps are currently not allowed because in many cases the player to go last has fewer troops to place on their first turn

Naathim made a few suggestions, but both were a tougher edit but put a circle on Italy and viola!. Moai had drawn the Italy off cut there, and looks like an obvious solution.

*edit. Just saw that Moai actually originally had it there as a territory.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
edits
- added 0 value
- brightened Italy & Cyrpus region

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Thorpe wrote:
Ok I have been asked to finish this map.
Why would anyone want to have Italy... no bonus... can it be part of the Crimea bonus and take away the adjacent bonus?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
well I like my idea better but what do I know?
What would you call them? One guneydogu and the other andola?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Hoodlum wrote:
good to see ya back thorpe!

italy was in the original creation by moai (2 years inactive). italy got discarded at some point but made it's return mostly because it was big enough to be a territory on the map, and when i re-created the map (moai's source file unavailable) i noticed the count was off by 1 territory so i just put italy back in there. I don't see why it would be part of a black sea map though. Themewise, the Crimea war, might be a good reason to keep the Crimea bonus.

italy could easily be discarded. re-introducing saudi arabia was my next suggestion (would be drawn where the minimap is), except the minimap is struggling for a position on the map.
Thorpe wrote:
yeah I tried moving the mini map and it is not able to be moved.
I did not say take the bonus away from Crimea just make the bonus Italy and Crimea - you must have Italy and Crimea to get the plus one.
or split Crimea into to territories .
Spartakus wrote:
I agree with Thorpe, made bonus 1 for Crimea+Italy, same like a bonus for 3 treasure teritory on the map the west indies.
Thorpe wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Still not done ..but did some changes.
I did not redo the mini map for Italy and Crimea bonus or that the "0" off of Italy.
Thorpe wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
fixed some colors and redid the mini map .
I need to know what else.
fixed the bonus for Crimea and Italy..centered the text on mini map
X7 wrote:
Nice one thorpe, legend. Do you have any donation link for those who wish to say thanks
Do it for the memes
Thorpe wrote:
Just give to this site and go play good and great games..
aeronautic wrote:
I assume that we didn't have the layered version of this map for the edits?
A few text labels have lost their lower text shadow and "Podkarpackie" has lost it's leg of the "p".

It's probably better to Rubber Stamp all the labels out and make new ones, once we have them as separate layers, we can reposition them and make different text effects if required.

Do we need the "& surrounding areas" in the title?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.