Map submission
  • 73 posts
  • Page 3 of 5
PsymonStark wrote:
I still see the background a bit whiter than the rest (which tend to be redder) and it bugs me because I know it. Otherwise I wouldn't even notice!
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
for reference (click to show)

It is always going to look that way, it's the background image just at that point, it has a light spot.

You won't resolve this with adjusting the text or text effect, you will have to do something about that background right where the text is. If you were using Photoshop, I'd suggest using a rubber stamp to copy some darker pixels nearby. If there is no quick tool for this in PDN, you might have to paint some in.

Don't do anything like screens or overlays, they will stand out.

Alternatively: If the text effect you are using is an outline effect, you can add a slight (dark outer glow) effect as well, which should darken that area a little.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
HammerTime wrote:
opps wrong thread LMAO@my dumba$$ ...But since im here an looked at what map thread this is lol...must say this is a nice looking map :)
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
Hoodlum wrote:
lasooed and copied a few darker pixels from other parts of the background
and put the original outline back on quezon.

quezon (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Vexer wrote:
I wanna see games being played on this map. Are we done nitpicking yet?
aeronautic wrote:
If others find things that have to be changed graphically, they can be done whilst in Beta.

The capital suggestions on page 1 don't seem the best they can be, at first glance.
Can Psymon or Bishop please have a go at placing these and make a short list?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Okay, here my capital proposal.

2 to 4 Cap's (click to show)

5 to 7 Cap's (click to show)

8 Cap's (click to show)

I'm unsure about 9 caps, I guess something like this may work:
9 Cap's (click to show)

Aurora  9
Basilan  9
Catanduanes 345678
Compostela V. 9
Cordillera 5678
Davao Orien. 78
Iloilo  2345678
Lanao  6789
Leyte  2345678
Manila  45678
Mindoro  9
Negros Occi. 9
Sorsogon  9
Sulu  8
Surigao d.S. 9
Tawi-Tawi 9
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
Some of these could be better.
Especially 2p, these are too close together and each have only 2 exit routes.

I will analyse what you have and suggest changes where applicable.
2p-4p alternative (click to show)
aeronautic wrote:
It appears that most of the map only offers 2 exit routes, but I have made some alternative 2-4p caps.
The rest look okay to me.

Aurora 9
Aguson Del Sur 2
Basilan 9
Catanduanes 5678
Compostela V. 9
Cordillera 5678
Davao Orien. 78
Iloilo 5678
Lanao 6789
Leyte 345678
Manila 2345678
Mindoro 9
Negros Occi. 9
Sarangani 4
Sorsogon 9
Sulu 348
Surigao d.S. 9
Tawi-Tawi 9
Virtuosity98 wrote:
This. Map. Looks. Awesome.
I can never see Hoodlum's images (his image website doesn't work for me), but I can finally see the map for the first time in The_Bishop's post.
Incredible work again Hoodlum! :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
I have input the map, can we please have a Cartographer to double check it, before I set it to Beta?
aeronautic wrote:
Vexer has checked for 1 way connections and there are none.

Can we please have a Cartographer to double check spelling, bonuses & capitals, before I set it to Beta?
naathim wrote:
I don't think there's a dash in Bukid-non, I think it's one word. Bukidnon:
http://www.bukidnon.gov.ph/home/index.php

Bangsamoro Islands should be Sulu Archipelago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulu_Archipelago

Aguson should be Agusan del Sur: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agusan_del_Sur

Bikol region should be Bicol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicol_Region

The region names for E. Visayas and W. Visayas are lengthened to East and West in the cartographer panel. But the proper names are Eastern and Western, so I'd recommend either changing them to match the map or giving them their proper names.

But other than the Visayas, they all match up with the names on the map. Unfortunately, some of the names on the map might be a bit off. I'm working solely in English, and idk if some of the filipino pronunciation and spelling is different.

Bonuses are all correct. IDK how to check caps.

I didn't mess with it, but I think that the circle for Aguson del sur could be moved to the right and down a bit to center it more?

And just noticing it now, the label for Cotabato moved to the right and down as well to give more room for the troop circle. Or move the troop circle back to it's originally proposed location in the north.

PsymonStark wrote:
One extra thing, Surigao del Sur also engulfs Surigao del Norte, thus the territory should be just named Surigao.

Shouldn't we try to check the older names of the regions in ~1900?
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Hoodlum wrote:
Before I attempt name changes, and perhaps to re-consider changes needed.

There are some 120 to 175 languages in the Philippines,

My scource has been this interactive map on wiki
http://www.photoclass.kr/enwiki/index.php?title=Regions_of_the_Philippines

*clicking on the map will give you information about that region

To be consistent, I used the same scource for the spelling directly from this
interactive map. Changing suggested names could be changing it in a different
dialect to what the rest of the map names are.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman