81 territories
  • 210 posts
  • Page 7 of 14
gerk224 wrote:
If mountain design is such a stickler why not just make a mandatory template/pattern for them everyone agrees upon to save map makers a bunch of time?
The_Bishop wrote:
Aeronautic if you have a different idea about colors or textures then just show or explain it. I am just giving suggestions to make this map to fit with the style of the site.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I'm afraid I will only be finishing the map for you by email. Today is the day to leave D12 my old friend! Working with and playing Risk with you was always a pleasure!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
The_Bishop quote:
" Also the territory called Donegal actually is part of Ireland, not Northern Ireland that is a U.K. region... But who made that map evaluated it was better in that way as a game map. Also there are 2 maps of the United States, both are not including Alaska, more or less it's the same reason that I want to include Corsica in the Italian map.

Plus Corsicans speak a language very similar to Italian, that island has never been Italian, but well Italy was born in 1861, before that there was a lot of very little states and Corsica had in his history surely more relations with Sardinia, Tuscany and Genova (nowadays Italy) than France. Just to give you some more information.

It would be weird for me to have that territory in the middle of the map but non-playable. If I have to remove Corsica from the game then I would delete all the non-play area, I mean not drawing all the non-Italian land. But then it would be weird to put the names of the seas (that are related to the colors of ports) when the seas are not visible... Plus, it doesn't change a lot but I like a bit better the gameplay with the Corsica counted in. For example it give me the possibility to set a capital inside Sardinia (the island south of Corsica) with 3 ways out.

In few words... I already thought a lot about Corsica. For me it's better if it stays. My suggestion is to give it a grey color similar or equal to the non-play area. So it will be clear we are not stupid, we know Corsica is not Italian but for game reason we decided to include it. It cannot cause confusion because circles are there to show those territories are in play. I'm gonna ask also my brother what he think...
"

Why not just call your map "ITALY & CORSICA"?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
P.S.

The reason why I am so interested in this map is becuase I was in the process of making my own when I noticed this one!!

I am sure that you will do a better job than me, so I have given up my attempts to make an "Italy & Corsica" map. Despite this, I would like to offer the suggestion that including ports is worse than including land links. I was going to include links from Sicily to Sardinia, Sardinia to Corsica, Corsica to (somewhere in) Ligeria, and Corsica to (somewhere in) Tuscany.

Of course it's just my opinion, but I would have used lank links rather than ports.

It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks virtuosity for your suggestions. My opinion is that few sea-links are not enough to give a proper connectivity (consider also the size, it's a 81 territory map), in the opposite side if I would use 12 ports, it would be a hyper-connected map and I wouldn't like it. So my idea is to use 4 different colors ports: it looks to me the best middle way and also an original idea, different from the others and at the same time simple to understand.

I was going to give some explanations more about the game-play of this map but then we focused more on graphics and... Now the work is suspended! I hope I can restart it soon.

As for the name. What do you think about "Italian Peninsula"? It's a name that reminds more to the natural-geographic region more than the state, in this sense Corsica would be okay. But I don't know, maybe "Italy & Corsica" sounds nicer.
Clarke wrote:
I think it is beautiful. I love the way you handled the length by turning it and making it look like a board game on a table. That is PURE GENIUS and the only way I would accept turning a map for game play sake.

I think the fonts look great and I don't mind so much the corsica thing. Calling it just ITALY is fine.

In my opinion this is an amazingly nice map!

CHEERS!!!
The_Bishop wrote:
Me and Aeronautic we are probably restarting to work on this one.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Exciting - the long-awaited Italy Map enters its final phase!
Day Actions:

aeronautic wrote:
Nice to be back on maps, yes The_Bishop has handed me all his requirements and they will be done soon and posted once he has approved them. p.s. I am no longer a D12 player so please don't invite me or PM me unless it's about maps.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Hey Aeronautic, nice to see you on the job!

Sorry, guys, I am still so busy, be patient please.
aeronautic wrote:
Hi, I have the pleasure of posting the latest update of the Italia map as authorised by The_Bishop, its creator.
Let us know what you think about gameplay and design?
Italia 11 (click to show)