81 territories
  • 210 posts
  • Page 2 of 14
Thorpe wrote:
aero is not a png better than a jpeg?
Look at this map and see the right way to make a map...this is from the best map maker I know or have seen.
Spoiler (click to show)
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
aeronautic wrote:
I have nothing more to say to people who think an early draught is a bench mark of your Graphic Abilities rating level.... Why post that here?

See my thread for the textured version.
http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=1445&page=2#post-19891

@The_Bishop have you sent anything for the Italy Map by email yet?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
No, I have not but you didn't give me your address!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I used the address you gave to send you an email. It will of course have my address on it. If you prefer, I can PM it to you.

I have amended the Melee map, so perhaps your mind will be at ease now!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
I have replied to your email and have laid out all requirements to proceed with haste.
The_Bishop wrote:
Second Draft
Spoiler (click to show)

Some little modifications on territories and bonuses.
Added territory names.

I tried to draw dashed lines instead of ports but they are not so nice for me nor less confusing, plus it takes off the place to write the sea names that I would have loved. I would prefer to keep both options open because I liked the 4 colored ports. Those port icons are ugly, I know, but we can do better.

Aeronautic is in charge for the graphic arrangement.
Thorpe wrote:
Is that a worm? LOL
Looking better...not sure about the mini-map...what about a border around it? Looks to be part of the game-play.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
tramadol wrote:
Map will change as soon as we sort out the gameplay and orientation to fit.
aeronautic wrote:
It has changed a bit, it has been rotated and scaled down and I think we have actually got it to fit with not much scrolling downward.

Here is the first draught of the first redo!

This is all from The_Bishop's directions and original map with a couple of new bits, such as the Balkans.
A new outline.
A test of the most overcrowded Region has been put on for place name readability.
A new mountain range test for colour and size.
A new sea picture with satellite cloud effect.
A new background to make out it's a real map at an angle on a table, due to required rotation.

It is still 2 Territories short as there are 79 circles on it.
None of the Territory Dividers have been put on yet apart from the one Region.
Italia Draught 1 (click to show)
If there are no major problems I can add the Territory Dividers and Place Names, 2 extra Territories (Please suggest), River, Bridge, Ports etc.
The_Bishop wrote:
Aeronautic, those 2 Territories were supposed to be on the Corsica Region. If you think that Corsica shouldn't be grey because it's confusing then you can provide another color to it.

Italy it is not only the name of the state, it can also be intended as a geographic region formed by the continental part surrounded by Alps, the Italian Peninsula and the 3 main islands next to it: Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily.
aeronautic wrote:
I'm cool with that, it would make perfect sense to have Corsica as the extra 2 Territories as it does form part of the island group, French or not. In a war, it would have strategic value and so should be used. Any objections anyone?!

The_Bishop, I need your feedback on the orientation of the map and Territory sizes etc?
urgul wrote:
um
just so you know
i wont play on a map that looks like its a board on a table
cuz that would be weird

keep it up
urgullll