• 79 posts
  • Page 1 of 6
Thorpe wrote:

This was a map that -NoXon- and I was doing and he is no longer around so I never got the game plan from him. 

We were trying to give the map a different look unlike the others.

Re-visting this map...5/29/20018
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
lifeinpixels wrote:
I'm so sad Noxon left. That WWII map was beautiful. And I heard he was working on 2 more! :(
urgul wrote:
great! a new WWII map!
go allies!
sadly, by the looks of the gameplay, axis will win.
BOO-OOO-OOO!
Thorpe wrote:
Did anybody want to help with the game play?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Woops ...this is a map that Leedog and I was doing...boy is it hard to get old!
He gave me the outline and I did the rest...how would you like the game play to go?
Cireon wrote:
Why, urgul? I think we are currently trying to nail down the gameplay.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
urgul wrote:
It would be easier to call the territory by name, for example lets just say that i wanted utah beach to be larger or whatever. I could say 'make utah beach larger' instead of having to say 'make that purple thing that borders that other thing bigger.' Its up to Thorpe to decide if he wants to knock out the names or the gameplay first, anyway. But i reccomend getting all of the names down.
Thorpe wrote:
This is a WII map That is correct...so to make something bigger or smaller, would not keep with what really happened. I could change it for gameplay ...but not for just looks.

Question on gameplay:
Should the Airbornes have a bonus and then the Divisions(army), plus the Spy Plane, get one also? Maybe all of them together would be like a region with a bonus of 7.
urgul wrote:
Conquring all of them should get a bounus of 7, 8, or even 9.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Thorpe why don't you quickly number all the territories. I like urgul's idea but you can do it faster with numbers while we work on gameplay.

Also I'm not a fan of the graphics at the bottom for 2 reasons. 1 is that it is distracting and you could use that space to make the map bigger. It looks too abrupt and discontinuous to have the map be cut off there. And 2, that was definitely not WWII apparel ;)
urgul wrote:
http://imm.io/1jIku

there you go.
I only numbered the first one because that one was better.
im not sure if those islands off the coast of 39 are territories... i numbered them just in case.
sorry about the font of the numbers, i had no idea until i uploaded.

i agree w/ pixels about the bottom pic. this isn't the american revolution!
Thorpe wrote:
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6075/t3s4.jpg
Spoiler (click to show)

I have been looking to find the names and my eye-site is not as good at reading those words...so if they are missed spelled or you have a better name...feel free to correct me.

I think that we need more attack points than going through Paris...but then again?

What about more territories in the red? Or should I put the mini map there and get rid of the bottom stuff. I added that for the mini map and the +7 bonus and used them as filler. I kind of like them and add I think it gives it a real map look to it.

Here is what I am working with:
Spoiler (click to show)
The dark text was added by me so do not look at it.
Cireon wrote:
There should definitely be more ways between Belgium and France than through Paris. Historically accurate or not, this will be both problematic for capitals as for any other game, as there is now one big superregion with only 3 borders.

Sorry for being so absent, but I am personally not really interested in the map, so I will leave the comment-giving to the people that will actually play on this map.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card