the rigth/duty to turn in is just with 5 or more cards, isn't true?
  • 303 posts
  • Page 8 of 21
Thorpe wrote:
You guys missed what we had last Sept.

You kill player A. and say you get a total of six and then you can have a double turn in at the time cause you have more than 5 cards, you could do a double trade-in...but... say you do not do a trade-in and move and kill another player and get another 2 cards...you get to trade-in again in the same turn, cause you have 5 cards, again...strategy.

The difference is that you do not get to trade-in if you get a total of three tradeable cards after a kill. This was how it was a year ago...A lot more strategy then luck.

This is why I became a trainer ...it takes a lot more brain power to win and they were a lot of fun...cause it was more about placements and not regions. Blocked caps normally did not win.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
elysium5 wrote:
Not that it fixes the problem, but what about playing the no cards option for caps?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Thorpe wrote:
Did you not get the "Spam-Mail"?
NO more Options...lol getting old you dog...lol

Posted: Yesterday, 1:47 PM | Modified: Yesterday, 1:47 PM | Post #102
Don't get me started on adding options. I get angry when you use the word "option" in that context ;)

Long story short: it will confuse people
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Woops..sorry that sucks...no cards.
elysium5 wrote:
Not a 'new' option. Just playing with the current avaliable 'no card' option. I've joined a lot of those for long term games recently just because it eliminates the kamikazee player and adds TONS more strategy to the game.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Thorpe wrote:
Game 202431
Thorpe: in the last game I lost...you tryed to get a trade-in and you got unlucky
Thorpe: did not get the trade-in
SpamFree: yes, i recall (no small thanks to your constantly bringing it to my remembrance lol)
Thorpe: say you had to wait for a total of 5 cards after the kill
Thorpe: you would not have attacked
Thorpe: cause you had less than 5 cards after the kill
SpamFree: so it still would be able to conceivably trade in, so long as you had 5 or more cards when the player was taken
Thorpe: would you play differently?
Thorpe: YES!
SpamFree: of course it would change the game play
Thorpe: and you could also do a double trade-in if you had the cards
Thorpe: This is my point
Thorpe: SpamFree: of course it would change the game play
SpamFree: so as long as when the player was taken the cards total is 5 or more the trade in would work as it does now?
Thorpe: you tried to get "LUCKY"
Thorpe: yes
Thorpe: see you got it.
SpamFree: i suppose it would make for a lower and more stable game, as players wait for the 5 card total, but also would take luck out

This is what was in a game chat.

"...but also would take luck out"

http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=202431
elysium5 wrote:
I've tried to give arguement to both options in order to give a voice to both sides, but I'm leaning towards the old rule on this one as well. It may not be convienient or follow the model but it does make for a much better game.
Matty wrote:
Thorpe, do you agree or disagree with the following scenarios:

Having two different trade in rules will introduce something new:
- Case 1: People are used to play capitals.
Once they play a deathmatch, they will not go for the 4 card kill, as they think they will not get a turn in (even if they have a wildcard).
- Case 2: Ppl often play deathmatches.
Once they play a capital, they will go for the 3 card turn in (as they have a wildcard), but suddenly cannot turn in anymore.

Both cases will cause lots of angry messages in the chat, even more messages to Fendi and general frustration everywhere.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
elysium5 wrote:
Can it be made a premium only option? If not, I don't know what to suggest as it only makes sense to follow the same format for all games...
Thorpe wrote:
To answer your Questions Matty with:

We get questions and angry messages in the chat on them now.

-Case 1: Each time you change something or add...no-one is used to them...Capitals is supose to be different...not a different option of how you play deathmatches...they are now really stacked deathmatches or I should say what deathmatches turn into after a couple of turns...Vexer even says that he, (at one point in the game), starts to play deathmatches like a Capital Game. 

Because of the old rule with "Caps", I became a trainer, to show and teach members how to play. As it is now, they do not need anything but what is in the pre-chat for "Caps"..."For the love of Dominating 12, Keep your Cap STRONG"...ect.
----There is no need on training for luck.

---------Ask the "Cap" playing staff if this is really a problem, not for me ...I love training players on anything, be it ..."How to play", "Who do I ask...", "Where is my..." " How to make a Map" or the many Question that come up. To me that is what non-progamming staff members should be doing. I have spent minutes talking with staff, hours with madmouser training on caps, days on forum topics, months with Leedog on how to make maps, years on making maps...that is what I do.

-Case 2: We get angry questions all the time...even in deathmatches, in the "Caps" games...just answer with..."We have a trainer on how to play, that would be happy to help..[/b]]because we love you". Seems a lot easyier, or "Yes, stupid...it is different...it is called CAPITALS"!!!..joking on the last part.

This site is called "Risk, Strategy, and World Domination Online" and will cause lots of angry messages in the chat, messages to Fendi and general frustration everywhere. That is why you need to learn how...when...who and why to play this game. Fendi made me another account just for training...now it is not needed.

Bring back the old rule and as SpamFree (Who did not play with the old trade-in rule) says:
"...but also would take luck out"

This trade-in change is a "must" to bring back the skill you needed to play Capitals.

The_Bishop wrote:
Wow interesting discussion. Sorry for my long absence :)
I don't know what side I have to bear!
By the way I proposed an ops...ion! in this terms:

TURN-IN AFTER A KILL:
- Always allowed
- Only with 5+ cards

They are simple words (I hope it's correct English!)
It could be even applied only for an experimental period and help people to compare the 2 ways and then decide.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Thorpe wrote:
BISHOP!!!!!! Glad you are back!
Matty wrote:
You didn't answer my question, do you agree or disagree?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
As elysium said, can it be a premium option in the way Bishop explained? If it's a problem o programming forget my question but if it's not think about it. I aldo like to play some cap gmaes with reinforcement Adjacent (it reduces the effect of the new rule) and to avoid problems I write in the chat the rules of the game. I wouldn't mind to add one more line.

@Matty, do you have the statistics about cap games I asked in my other post?

@Thorpe, it looks like our only chance it's o create an Old Rule Fan Club and organize games among ourselves with the agreement of not changing cards after a killing unless we had 5 cards or more
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra