the rigth/duty to turn in is just with 5 or more cards, isn't true?
  • 303 posts
  • Page 7 of 21
Thorpe wrote:
That does not work...they got those points in 1v1 Carrabean caps...unlimited. Just look at the long term games! How can I train players on how to play caps when it is luck?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
If you ever heard of the prisoners dilemma you will understand how players getting better and more suicides are related.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth, I can't help that.

Also, if players play well then it won't be over that soon.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
I can't think of any way to deal with this, without adding more options, other that to create a password protected game where you can invite the players you would prefer to play with. Otherwise you have one type of game that has a different trade in rule than all others.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I think Matty and Thorpe are right:
- Cap games are shorter and more based on luck.
- Making these early tries to win is not suicide or a bad movement (you won't have another chance).
If we agree in this we have to admit that Cap games have changed a lot and I as I said I enjoyed more the old rule (new one it's fine for deathmaches). I really miss the old Cap games. Can you check the average of Cap games with more than 4 players before and after changing the rules (please, don't count the first 2 months after changing the rules)? I guess it's a simple way of checking if people like this rule.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Thorpe wrote:
Capitals
Capture the enemy capitals to win.
Card trade-in is 1970 rules,
Not auto-matic after a kill, even if you have a trade-in, unless you have 5 cards after a kill.

No option...just one of the rules to play Capitals.

Why not?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Dferguson wrote:
Did not read entire form but if you want more strategy involved (personally think there is a lot in it, that's why the people who play them well continually win) then change the rule some you can only trade in if you get 5 cards total after kill or more. That would change the dynamic of the game. Now if you get 6 or more cards is a double turn in allowed, or can you only turn in once and the odd occasion twice to have 4 or less cards? Example I just took out thorp and now have 6 cards on of which is a wild.. After my first three card selection I have three cards left... But they are a set, is the rule allowing a continual turn in or now I'm at 4 or less cards so I can't.
westchester wrote:
no I vote to keep it the same, because its hard to win if you can only turn in with 5 cards, please keep it as it is.
Spartakus wrote:
Problem is 6 cap + , i have 5 i start to kill 1 player 2. , 3. and for last one i don't have a trade in that is the problem , please keep it as it is.
MUNRO wrote:
What if they make it optional?
Option 1: Cards gained from a defeated opponent, can be used right away.
Option 2 Cards gained from a defeated opponent, can only be used at the end of a turn, after attacking is complete.

Cireon wrote:
Don't get me started on adding options. I get angry when you use the word "option" in that context ;)

Long story short: it will confuse people
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
SpamFree wrote:
I know I don't have any pull in any direction, but I, too, would rather have the option to change card play, with default as it currently stands.

Just my 2 cents :)

Sygmassacre wrote:
Why not change the increments the turn ins provide to 2 each to no matter what 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16.....
Then it isn't as tempting to go on a possible suicidal run
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
SpamFree wrote:
Sygmassacre, I do not believe this will make it much less tempting, but will only extend the numbers of turns a player will wait to make their run.
For 2 troops or 5 troops by the time they're making a run, the dice can make more difference than a few troops either way.