Official Thread
  • 223 posts
  • Page 7 of 15
Axobongo wrote:
Wise tourney moderation would avoid pitting known avoid listers together if the random draw pitted them in the first round, just re-shuffle or make a trade, and nobody need be the wiser,, its not really 'sacred' like the Roman senate.
bluebird005vis wrote:
I'd rather like to be pitted against the player I'd like to avoid the most early on.
defeating him in the 1st round would make the rest of the tournament that more enjoyable.
Clarkette wrote:
Reshuffling no longer makes the tournament draw random. I think that if someone is so concerned about being pitted against someone on their avoid list, they should exclude themselves from tournaments where this could happen. The pettiness and immaturity here is why I have not renewed my premium membership and have been exploring other sites. I must say that while I have found some features on other sites that I really like, I still like D12 better overall. I have had coworkers that I would love to put on an avoid list, but there is no such list in life. I hope that we can all just get along or at the very least just abide by the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" rule of life. Now lets get this tournament rollin' and have some fun!!!:)
Axobongo wrote:
blah blah,, baiting,, blah blah,, (pettiness and immaturity is exactly the offensiveness that has friendly, reasonable people like me putting some on 'avoid' list) Avoid lists are only functioning when one 'creates' the game, anyhow. Why keep trying to make this an issue?

A more important topic before the tourney begins is MAP consideration,, a 'vote' ap would be nice. 
 Victron , Tamriel , Westeros have size which translates into More armies to work with, slightly more complex strategy to sort out, plus, they are actually good maps people wouldn't normally try otherwise.

But, Whatever it is, is what it is,, Thats sort of the point of a tourney test.

Clarkette wrote:
Axo, I have learned that trying to reason with you is impossible. With that being said, I do want to point out that the ONLY person who thought the random draw should be manipulated was YOU. Everyone else all agreed that the avoid list should not matter in the tournament. YOU suggested "Wise tourney moderation would avoid pitting known avoid listers together if the random draw pitted them in the first round, just re-shuffle or make a trade, and nobody need be the wiser," meaning if Clarke and I were put up against you he should just change it and not tell anyone. Don't you see the pettiness and immaturity? I don't really need a response from you on this, however, I know how you also always need to have the last word so have at it. I just wanted to make sure you saw that you were the only person with an issue.
Axobongo wrote:
its just my opinion, please stop trying to make a mountain of a molehill.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Axobongo and Clarkette, please do not clutter this thread with any personal issues you may have between each other. If you need to work this out, use the PM system.
Axobongo wrote:
i'll happily second that , ,, i dont know why this 'avoid list' thing got mentioned to begin with,,,

Pix i have a question: is this the main page for the tourney? or will there be another one like before?
lifeinpixels wrote:
Let the games begin!

I've modified the flow of this tournament a little bit. There will still be 3 rounds with two games per round. The first game in a round consists of four teams, and the second game consists of the three losers from the first game. Obviously, it is easier for teams to win game two, since there is one less opponent. So in order to give a slight advantage to the winners of the first game, the first game of the second round will have two winners of the first round first game (harder game) vs two winners of the first round second game (easier game). Clarke has generously agreed to help make a bracket sometime next week, which will help to clarify what will be going on.

Here are the sixteen teams which will be playing in the tournament:
Spoiler (click to show)

I typed up all the teams, dumped them in a randomized pairing generator, and got the following for our first four games:

Game 1: 312293
01. Axo & Naathim [Axonaath]
12. Snotpork & emjaydee [Social Smokers]
03. Oliver & Descardo [Burning Cordoba]
13. Maafi & Dferguson [The Devil Commanders]

Game 2: 312294
11. Brewdog & Lifeinpixels [TBD]
09. Dracarys & Villian191 [Here be Dragons]
06. Tramadol & Stratosphere [Tramadosphere]
14. Matty & Cireon [Weighted Companion Dice]

Game 3: 312295
04. Tontot & Bluebird [Bluetone]
15. iTrend & Jonboy1967 [iBoy'67]
08. Unowen & LonGunMan [Drunk Dragons]
10. CBT711 & Ultrasplot [Ultra Lucky]

Game 4: 312296
07. Clarke & Clarkette [Team Clarke]
05. Oxen & Sparatkus [Spartoxen]
16. 16. Mr.Sam & Joel [MrJoem]
02. Skarni & Muzuane [Ay Carmela]

Messages have been sent out to each player. Please make sure you read what I sent so that you understand joining procedures! I hope that everyone is able to join their games in a timely fashion, however if that is not the case, please notify me and I will see how we can sort it out.

I did not hear any input from participants so I decided that the first game will be played on the San Fransisco map. If anyone has a preference for the map of the next game, post your opinion here.

If you're not playing in this tournament, come root for your favorite team! Good luck everyone!
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Would it be posible to make pairs of colour? I mean, if someone choses blue his teammate has to take the other blue (red+pink; yellow+orange...). This way it will be easier to SEE on the board the real situation of teams in the game
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
OXEN wrote:
Iam colorblind.. Its all black white for me anyways... How I win is a miracle :P
Villain191 wrote:
For those of us that haven't played teams before:

Can one teammate attack and/or kill their own teammate?

Is it the last player standing whose team wins or is there a scoring system based on when you were eliminated?
Cireon wrote:
Villain191 - May 26, 10:29 AM
Can one teammate attack and/or kill their own teammate?
Yes

Villain191 - May 26, 10:29 AM
Is it the last player standing whose team wins or is there a scoring system based on when you were eliminated?
If all the players alive are from the same team, that team wins, whether that be one player or multiple.

Additionally: you can fortify territories of your allies just like your own, both at the start of you turn when placing new troops and when moving troops as well. You can also fortify through your allies' territories for chained/unlimited. I am not sure how regions work with teams, those still need to be owned by a single player I think.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
goryh wrote:
I don't know if you want teams on the waiting list, but stoutadam and I (goryh) would be happy to be on the waiting list (team stouthart)