Official Thread
  • 223 posts
  • Page 10 of 15
cbt711 wrote:
Westeros and Tamriel are just nightmares imho. Scroll city on Westeros, and tamriel is just like a huge blob of territories. How do you defend anything there?

Anything in the 40 territory range will be hard to play with 8 players. That means no World classic, modified, solar system, balkan, Europe, etc.

I like Med States for this setup. Not a fan of world expanded for this tourny but would understand if it was picked, again too many borders for my taste. South Africa, Oz, South America have a HUGE advantage with natural borders. Everyone else can be broken from almost anywhere.

New York would be ok, but gameplay is very similar to San Fran. Would be a little redundant. I love Victron personally, but a lot of people hate it. I think Jungle of Dispair and Realm of honored players would barely fit 8 players, but there's a lot of varying opinions on those as well. Just pick something Life in pixels! Give me 10 minutes I'll make a solar system double! Just kidding that would take more scrolling than Westeros.
Axobongo wrote:
seems cbt dislikes some the maps for the same reason i think they are good for a tourney situation, (imho,natch), that its more challenging due to less natural borders is why i would vote -for- it rather than against it. 

Westeros is good, but for a couple of reasons people tend to dislike it,, the bright colors,, the scrolling ( one can shrink it) ,, more challenging to defend states,, yet in this situation we have the help of our partners so it seems perfect to tackle for a tourney (or capitals)(or a capitals tourney game someday)
i dont know what people have against Tamriel. i love it.

Anyways, i agree about NY map being a bad choice, and Victron being a good choice.

i dont know what Oz map is,,, and something says to me Europe just might be interesting, but a tad annoying. (like in real life, har har)
Axobongo is online.
cbt711 wrote:
I'm all for Tamriel / Westeros for this next round. I won't be playing in it :) haha.
OXEN wrote:
Yes to westeros and World Expanded!

Did I mention SPARTOXEN is the greatest MAN-BEAST alive... So great we won first round on our side! So suck it :P
tramadol wrote:
@Matty if it helps, the refresh thing in the Team Chat is more apparent and virtually non usable when using Chrome, but the latest IE handles it okay on Windows 8, but not at all on earlier versions, so it may be user based? However if so, it still means that the code you use to make it happen is reacting in some way to various browsers handling.
Matty wrote:
Finally our game is finished. I did my best to stop Villain from winning, but the sheer power was too much, congratulations!

When does round two start?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
lifeinpixels wrote:
I hope to have time to start game two in the next couple of days. Stay tuned everyone, and thanks for your patience so far!
Matty wrote:
You can just join the next one yourself right?

Just join it in the right order this time :P
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Sygmassacre wrote:
And don't get into trouble. I dont wanna have to bail you out again
:P
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
OXEN wrote:
+1 on Syg... Don't make Spartoxen the "Warrior-Man-Beast" Slap u to the moon and back! :P
Dracarys wrote:
Lol - If I get in trouble again I'll catch you on CC or ArtofWar!
lifeinpixels wrote:
Hey everyone, I apologize that I was unable to get the next games started sooner. I was much busier than expected this week.

Anyways, congratulate the winners of the first game: Devil Commanders, Here Be Dragons, Ultra Lucky, and Spartoxen! They will sit out the next game and cheer on whichever team they want to face in the next round!

Game two will consist of the three teams per game which lost the last games. We'll be playing on the New York map. Here are the games:

Game 324495: Snotpork & emjaydee [Social Smokers], Oliver & Descarado [Burning Cordoba], and Axobongo & Naathim [Axonaath]

Game 324496: iTrend & Jonboy1967 [iBoy'67], Unowen & LoneGunMan [Drunk Dragons], and Tontot & Bluebird005vis [Bluetone]

Game 324498: Clarke & Clarkette [Team Clarke], Skarni & Muzuane [Ay Carmela], and Mr.Sam & Joel [MrJoem]

Game 324501: Brewdog & Lifeinpixels [TBD], Tramadol & Stratosphere [Tramadosphere], and Matty & Cireon [Weighted Companion Dice]

As always, come root for your favorite team! Good luck everyone!