Official Thread
  • 223 posts
  • Page 9 of 15
Clarke wrote:
[IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/Richard_B_Clarke/D12%20Maps/TeamTourneyII_zpsd85f6caf.jpg[/IMG]

Believe it or not, but that "THING" above is a graphical representation of the flow chart for this tournament. Not exactly sure how LifeInPixels wants to run the final match. Might be one single game, winner take all, no matter how you got there. Might be if a team that had lost previously wins the first game, they play again... LIP will have to decide.

The cool thing is that in Round 2, there will be one team in each game from each of the four groups. Using this flow, the champion will have beaten at least 8 of the teams in the tourney.

I will update this graphic as the teams progress.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Thanks Clarke! Just a small type but could you please correct Axonaath to Axonaathm?

Additionally, we've substituted Sygmassacre for Dracarys.

lifeinpixels wrote:
A heads up for all of you, I'll be out of town until Wednesday so if you have any questions or a game ends, hold tight until then. Thanks!
cbt711 wrote:
So you can lose the first game, win the second game, lose the third game, win the 4th game and it puts you in the championship with a team that won both their games? At least it's not straight elimination, because that will take some of the luck out of it, skill should prevail over multiple games, but that still seems a bit off.
Matty wrote:
I think you should allow the guys that are so awesomely good they can play the maximum amount of games and reach the final to actually do so, don't you think?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Clarkette wrote:
Clarke is busy doing some work right but I was discussing your questions with him. @CBT Yes, that is how LIP wanted the tourney to run. That any time you are in a round you start with a 4 team game and if you lose you have a chance in a 3 team game.

@Axo LIP was very specific that he did NOT want just 2 teams facing off in the finals.

I'm sure he will address these questions further when he gets back on Wednesday.
Matty wrote:
I get quite some reports of teamchat not always sending, having to refresh to send it.
I have it myself sometimes as well, but am unable to reproduce it.

If you see any reasonable patterns in not working chats (like ' in the chat), share them with me please (for as long as you are not giving away vital information in a game where I am in).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Axobongo wrote:
,, its all good,, but,, SF map was a bit annoying, yet probably better than the next 2 previously mentioned . i think the choices of Med. map and Korea/Jap map are simply unpleasant prospects. These maps are just too small for great strategy. Too few troops per person. They are squeezed and narrow and i think more apt for 4-5P games.

Victron, Tamriel , World expanded and Westeros still seem far better choices to me.

Also, it seems premium members get some maps i am unaware of. There is a Balkan map out there i noticed the other day, wish i had it.

But i wonder how many more maps there are out there that might be better choices due to size and mobility options. 

PsymonStark wrote:
Balkan is only for premium as long as it is beta, then everyone will have access to it
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.