I am pleased to announce that the site has new owners. Fendi and -NoXoN- have purchased the site
  • 40 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
Vexer wrote:
I am pleased to announce that the site has new owners. Fendi and -NoXoN- have purchased the site from Teck. While Teck owned the site I managed it for him since he was not able to do it himself. But the new owners are here everyday and are able to manage the site themselves. I have retired from being an official admin but will still be helping out here or there. I plan to continue to program what I can for the site and I will be finishing the maps I've already started working on. -NoXoN- will, however, be taking over as Head Cartographer.

Fendi has shared with me how much the site's hosting fees are each month and we are not getting nearly enough premium memberships to cover the cost. I personally would feel bad if Fendi and -NoXoN- had to spend all their savings just to keep the site running so please consider supporting the site by purchasing premium and encouraging others to do the same. If you've played more than 50 games here I think you've already gotten $25 dollars worth of value out of the site. I know many of you struggle with the idea of paying for a website because most websites are free. But most websites also have a ton of ads and don't care about their users. We want to keep dominating12 a special place on the internet and can only do that with your support.
Johnny wrote:
i am on unemployment insurance right now and my kid is 14 yo you know what i mean?
Matty wrote:
Yay! Thanks Fendi and NoXoN!!!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Johnny wrote:
That being said, i am in great appretiation for all the efforts of Fendi and NoXoN and would like to congratulate them on their recent aquisition.Thank you for Dominating Twelve!
spacemen wrote:
I would be glad to purchase your membership if I had not been banned for a rule that did not exist. 
Princess wrote:
As a web developer, I can say that hosting fees are not expensive in anyway. The website was purchased because they see profit in it. Not because it's financially going down. Let's not lie and give the new owners a bad name
stickyfrog wrote:
Good Luck....I'm already a premium member and plan to remain so. Love the site, best maps anywhere.
Vexer wrote:
Princess, if you can help find us better, cheaper hosting then please do. Why call us liars when you don't have all the facts? The hosting fee is $166 a month and goes up $2-3 a month. It's no lie when I said we aren't getting nearly enough premium memberships to cover the cost. This is still a small site. We thank everyone who buys premium in the live game lobby chat so I think everyone knows just how many people are currently buying premium and that it's not enough to pay the bills.
Vexer wrote:
Also I should say that we want to get a faster server that will cost even more per month. That is the main reason why we need more premium memberships. The old owner bought the site to make a profit but didn't make any. The new owners are actual players who just want to make a great site.
BrewDog wrote:
Yowzers, that's expensive hosting. I'll ask some people I know.
nickdabubble wrote:
well i think its great they have taken over the site and wish you all the best. great site and lots of great people that play thanks
Let's do this and do 'right's
Oh yea
bluebird005vis wrote:
Why not host a monthly or quarterly knockout tournament with for instance a 1 dollar entry fee and payout half your revenue in prizes.
The other half you can use to cover the cost of running the site.
Glanru wrote:
Princess, you may not realize that almost all cheap hosting sites do so for basic webpages, databases, and small amount of monthly bandwidth. Small? But, most websites do not go anywhere near the cheap hosting bandwidth limits. Well, having seen the code, and been in the control panel and observed the bandwidth use, hard drive space usage, and read the code for amount and frequency of database queries: it is no wonder that most hosting sites automatically require you to upgrade to a business hosting plan if you operate a game on your website. This is a game website, with a fully operational mailing system, and forums. Trust me, it is not possible for it to operate on much less than the plan it is on now, especially if more memberships are expected.