time for change?
  • 67 posts
  • Page 3 of 5
1771 wrote:
my apologies i worked 10 1/2 hours yesterday i was kinda tired i need to play 90 games but by then i will need way more tokens it will just go on and on. i cant wait for the tournament though. i do have 150 points rubntug i had 174 until my computer went on the fritz for 3 days. i guess it is because i am up on the two highest ranked guys, i just checked your standings maybe thaithai is holding you back i don't quite know how all that works. i know you are too good of a player to let thaithai do so well against you. not saying thaithai is a bad player because he is a damn good player but so are you. i have no secret i just grab any game available and play to win. i do play different people different ways after knowing their game, i play thaithai hard he is one of the few guys that as soon as i think i may be able to knock him out of the game i strike. because he is so good and plays what i call the attack attack game, meaning he will attack you he will try to get the whole board to attack you he plays hard and with little or no compassion a true warmonger not saying it is a bad thing but a fella has to be aware of a fella like that. i give all respect to thaithai's game he obviously has it down to a fine art or he wouldn't be doing so well. i play seph easy hoping to teach him something so he doesnt bother the good players like me and you, seph plays what i call the scatterbrain game, he attacks the wrong people and the wrong time, but seph you are getting better lil buddy keep playing and you will be one of the best. i play 4mygod like i would play myself because he plays alot like me what i call the lay and wait game he will try to sit back and build waiting for a couple guys to get into it and then go clean up for the cards or even the game. i consider that strategy to be the best, personally, but when i play people like thaithai i tend to switch up my game. i played canada to soft and he is beating me because of it. and canada if you happen to read this know that you have my full attention on the board from here on out i will get my wins back from you brother mark my words. there you go rubntug you have basically most of my secrets, but the dice are the unpredictable ones i have a standing love/hate relationship with them. they are after all the biggest killers of all of us!
4myGod wrote:
Wow, you seem to have this down to a science. Well done. Now I have to change my plans...

What are your thoughts on points and skill points 1771?
1771 wrote:
lol, you play too good to switch it up the lay and wait game is the best because eventually the war will start and the guy with the most toys wins which in our case is soldiers how does the saying go let them kill each other and let god sort them out later. i want to be the strongest on the board always strength intimidates remember that seph if a guy spreads himself out to thin he becomes the first target, people prey on the weak, even in life, which is messed up no doubt, but they do. as far as the point system i like it, i like it alot i think a guy should have to beat someone of his standings or better to get points i think if you play a weaker opponent and win you shouldn't get squat, that way the weaker guys game will eventually get stronger and then we don't have a bunch of tyrants running around preying on the weaker guys. kind of like a good old fashioned fight if i beat up someone who is considered lesser than i then where is the bragging rights where is if i went out and whopped up on mike tyson well hell i would tell everyone. if it was up to me not only would i be holding some of thaithais and emdizzles skill points i would be holding some of there tokens too. i think that there is just too much laying on the token end we have to buy maps, ranks, gametypes, its a little much and not enough tokens going around, but if i was in another position like having a bunch of tokens and needing skill points well hey i might be complaining about that, because thats what people do. you are a very nice person 4mygod, what i can tell anyway, you are not going to please everyone someone is always going to be crying about something me tokens,seph skill points, somebody else something else you know what i'm talking about. like smoking cigarettes if you can smoke in one place the non-smokers will be fussing, if you can't smoke in the place, the smokers will be fussing. although as much as you may like to you won't be able to please everyone. what people need to really think about is one thing the risk game i'm on here to play risk honestly as good as your graphics are and the way your games is set up and even the guys that i meet on here is why i come all the extra stuff is super cool but hey lets do what we came to do kill each other and have fun doing it you know?i am the king of my castle thats good enough for me. this site is awesome f@#k cc and any other game site.i come to dominating 12 to play risk whip some ass and take some names as i go. by the way this is the only risk site that i am a premium member on and my reason and only reason is to play, the rest is cool but im here to play. and as everyone knows i play to win. everyone should just be happy that you made this site.
4myGod wrote:
Well you have a very good way of putting things. Kinda puts it into perspective.

A lot of what we've done to make things better here though has taken hours and hours of thought, pacing back and forth in my room or at work thinking about how to make something better, perhaps that's just what this needs.

I really like the idea of getting back to points. I mean skill points is nice, and it's a very accurate description of skill, but points is just more rewarding.

Perhaps I might have 2 options. Points + Tokens will get ranks, but then also have a skill score or something. I don't know.
4myGod wrote:
IDEA!

Ok, so I was thinking, about having points AND skill points.

So points would be similar to CC except it would be the new formula I mentioned earlier. Then we would ALSO have skill points, which would give new titles.

So we have ranks and then skill titles. The skill titles would be like "Dominator."

Example:
sp = Skill Points

750-1000sp - Dominator
650-750sp - Savage Conquerer
500-650sp - Annihilator
400-500sp - Exterminator
300-400sp - Slaughterer
200-300sp - Pillager
100-200sp - Plunderer

Something like that. I'm just making up these names as I go. But the main idea is to have separate skill based titles for skill points. Then those who have the top 12 highest skill points would be the "Dominating 12."

Then the ranks would require regular points, which would be similar to cc but not quite, you can find the formula earlier in this topic.

Thoughts?
1771 wrote:
which ever or what ever you choose i'm sure will be well thought out and an enjoyment to most you've done well with this site and i personally appreciate all your hard work and effort i wish you nothing but peace and prosperity and maybe a butt kicking on the board every once in awhile after all we are tied,lol.
rubntug wrote:
Well, i like the idea 4mygod, it was kind of the lines i was thinking, points with skill points. I in no rush to climb the rank ladder, it's kind of the pursuit that entices myself, not to mention i would never want to hold rank undeserved. It's all about growing experience like this--I'll modify my game play to help my skill point shortage untill i find a way that works regardless the time line involved. I might be over reaching on this one but i would love to see additional ranks put in---i really like rank so the more the merrier plus it narrows down or pinpoints certain skill levels, for example after Sargent a rank of Staff Sargent would be cool, then Master Sarg. then Sarg. 1st. class and the rest is there already, i think there could also be a Petty Officer, Chief Petty Officer just ahead of Warrant.--i am a dreamer but as i said i love the rank and would enjoy chasing those aswell.
4myGod wrote:
rubntug: Not quite sure you on your position. I see you want more ranks, but what are your thoughts about the idea of having 2 completely seperate things, ranks and titles.

Ranks will be earned when you get enough regular points and purchase them with tokens. Titles will be given to you when you have enough skill points.

So the system we have now would stay, but it wouldn't effect your rank, it would effect a new thing called title, using some of the example titles I listed. Then you would have regular points which earns you the ranks.

Yeah we might be able to add more ranks in the future, kinda want to figure out this one first though. Whether or not to add 2 separate things, ranks and titles.

The regular point system would be very similar to cc but not exact.
rubntug wrote:
Forgot to praise. Ya i down with you idea---getting the best of both systems at the same time would be not only cool, but unique. I just added my rank thing cause i love elevation, if they ever come or not is not a biggy. I sure like the average point system you have been throwing out there rather CC'c way--your getting close my friend.
4myGod wrote:
rubntug: Sounds good, then I think I might do that. I would need to figure out titles for the new system that would be only influenced by skill points. Any idea on titles?

1771: Yes, indeed we are tied, I joined a bunch of games with you last night for that reason. I NEED to get above you so I can earn all those delicious skill points. :)
rubntug wrote:
I'll give that some thought, report back my ideas tomorrow night for me---early AM for you. How many titles were you going with?

4myGod wrote:
Here was the original title list:
750-1000sp - Dominator
650-750sp - Savage Conquerer
500-650sp - Annihilator
400-500sp - Exterminator
300-400sp - Slaughterer
200-300sp - Pillager
100-200sp - Plunderer

I don't know though, however many titles I could come up with. The titles could be different, tell me if you have any ideas.
1771 wrote:
i like savage conquerer, i already want that title i have a suggestion on more ways to get some grab a thesauraus and check out all those words you have listed you might be able to come up with some more.i also like what rubntug wrote i was naming off all the ranks to my father one night and he suggested master sargent and staff sargent he is a huge military guy himself i can't get him to play risk though,sucks,lol. he plays command and conquer all day long. i will ask him about some other names later on when i see him. but i like the title idea.
nuftoby wrote:
what about the ELO system? they use it for chess and backgammon which I also play. This should give u a true idea about skill and game level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system