• 38 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
Cireon wrote:
Alright, feel free to let me know if you're still missing emails and I can double-check again ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
I don't think I am getting emails now...but it doesn't bother me...just periodically checking.
aghast11 wrote:
Is it going to be fixed?

There hasn't been emails for two days now.
Cireon wrote:
This site is ran by volunteers who (generally) have a full-time job as well, so we have to find some time to look into this, but it's right on top of our priority list.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Cireon wrote:
Short version: should be fixed now

Long, technical version: we have several workers on our server taking care of sending mails. The workers all crashed due to the server running out of memory, and the supervisor that takes care of restarting the workers in that case also crashed. This means we were queueing emails, but not sending them. Sorry for the bit of spam you will now be getting in your inbox. The site will be a bit slow as we work through the queue, but everything should be back to normal shortly.
aghast11 wrote:
Cireon
This site is ran by volunteers who (generally) have a full-time job as well, so we have to find some time to look into this, but it's right on top of our priority list.

Thanks for fixing, didn't mean to be demanding.

Just wanted to bring the problem to someone's attention since it took awhile to resolve last time.

Thanks again.
Cireon wrote:
I was only clarifying why it was taking so long :)