• 38 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
aghast11 wrote:
Seems like games are taking longer because people are either missing their turns or letting the 24-hour counter per turn really go down, because of the lack of emails.
Cireon wrote:
I've put a temporary fix in place, so I don't think it will happen again. A better fix requires some programming so I added that to our todo list for the near future.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
AstroBert wrote:
As of Aug. 5th, it's still not working. No one in my game has been getting email notifications.. lots of missed turns :-/
Cireon wrote:
I'll check the logs again to see if it is the same issue. The problem is that the server is unable to handle the massive number of emails that have be sent. I increased the limits but either that didn't work as it should be or there is a different problem.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Cireon wrote:
I just checked and the email seems to going be out like normal. Maybe there is a bit of a queue build up so it can take a bit longer for your mail to arrive. There are a few things on my list for this weekend that will hopefully make some improvements.
Kyla wrote:
I noticed that sometimes the emails go to junk mail randomly, not sure if that happens to others.
Cireon wrote:
I have fixed some small issues and put logs in place so I have more visibility on this issue.

Checking your junk mail is definitely not a bad idea either.

Feel free to post any further issues in this thread/
aghast11 wrote:
Yeah I checked back into see it was my turn in all the games, with just 19 minutes left for my turn in one game.

There's nothing in my Junk folder so it seems to be from the server end.
Cireon wrote:
Are the emails still not arriving?

Also make sure you have the notification settings enabled at https://dominating12.com/account/notifications
Cireon wrote:
Looks like I made another mistake in trying to fix this. Can you guys please confirm you are actually getting emails right now?