Status of all bug reported by beta testers
  • 63 posts
  • Page 4 of 5
Matty wrote:
Hi

I was looking at a live game of some other ppl (http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=30597). And after someone (angel - red) lost his turn and died, someone else (danimax1983 - black) lost his turn right away, even though he was watching angels timer go to zero...

weird.

Edit: For as far as i can remember (ok, its late, but only like 5 mins ago) the log said "danimax missed his turn".
But a while later the log didnt mention danimax...
Edit2: Now the log sais he missed his turn again
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
this is a common well known bug that i haven't had a chance to fix. I think what is happening is that if the next player's browser requests an update at the same exact second that the turn was changed but before the timer gets reset it will miss his turn. The problem is that this is someone else's code and it's complex so i still don't know exactly what is going on. 
taz69 wrote:
in game 32042 i tried to reinforce my capital but couldnt it would let me reinforce anywhere else this has happend a few times
Vexer wrote:
You were not in game 32042. Did you get the game number wrong?

Next time this happens try refreshing your browser and trying again. My guess is that this will work. I have never seen this problem.
Matty wrote:
What browser do you use, and is it the latest version?
Cause when you use an old browser upgrading it might solve lots of problems...
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Teaxtor wrote:
Hey Guys, i cannot move my armies in fortify Phase from Wallachia to Illyria (its Europe 1814). It's game 35631. Have Mozilla Nightlies latest version. Pls fix it soon.. :D
Edit: Same with moving to Turkey - not possible.. but moving to Sicily would have been possible (same soldier type: cavalry)
Vexer wrote:
This is a special map. Because cavalry cannot attack artillery you cannot fortify to Illyria unless you own Hungary. There must be a valid attack path from the territory you are trying to fortify from to the territory you are trying to fortify to. This is not a glitch, this is how the map works. Chained fortification only works when each territory along the path is 'adjacent'. you own no territories which are considered adjacent to Illyria.
Cireon wrote:
My turns don't show in the upper right corner. It says Turns (?), while I actually had two turns open. This was when navigating through the site for several minutes.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Thats supposed to be so, because of the modifications to the top bar.
Its done to reduce lag on the site - it will update every 5 minutes now.
See the news section in your account and you'll know what i mean.

Click update if you want to kow the amount of turns.

So this is not a bug, but a feature :P
Cireon wrote:
It seems very odd to me that the amount of open turns doesn't update, even if you refresh a page. I get that you lower the time-out on the auto-refresh, but why not have it at least updated on page refresh, because I think that not having it like that, it becomes way too "difficult" to find out it's your turn in a game, except for waiting for the e-mail notification, if you have set that.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Vexer wrote:
I think that I am going to change it back so that it updates when the page first loads but I need to do some optimization of the database queries first.
Cireon wrote:
You can instead of looking through all games to check for turns, keep a number for every user that updates every time. In that way, you only have to look for one number on page load. Same holds for messages. It is important though to get everything right, because otherwise the number gets out of sync.

Hope this helps.
Vexer wrote:
Yes, I have had this idea before and will implement it at some point.

In the meantime I have gone ahead and re-enabled checking for turns and messages on page load since you are not the only one to have complained. I will optimize it later. But if we get a bunch of new users before I can optimize it then I might have to disable it again.