this involves running out of time twice
  • 45 posts
  • Page 3 of 3
Hoodlum wrote:
Dunno if this is a sametime problem. But, I've noticed recently while CREATING a game, that it gives me an error for a missing value, when I have selected everything (double checked). Most noticeably when I'm trying to host a 2p sametime game on the Saturn map. It comes right, after switching the options around then reselecting what I originally wanted or refreshing and starting from scratch. Just wondering if that problem has been reported by anyone before.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Vexer wrote:
red stripe (click to show)

Anyway, this is a glitch with the new Create game page and not sametime games. Please see if you can reliably recreate the problem. It might be impossible to find the root cause without being able to reliably duplicate what happened. Once you can reliably duplicate it then please post a detailed step by step so that we can make it happen too.
Hoodlum wrote:
i'll try to re-create the problem,..red stripe? Fendi made me a consultant plot, i dont see a red stripe :)
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Vexer wrote:
I can't duplicate the error. Which browser are you using?
Matty wrote:
If you click on the Capitals one again it should solve the problem.
If not, try Ctrl-F5, and see if that solved it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
maximum wrote:
I think this was what happened to me. The timer got stuck at 0:00:00 and I could not take my turn, and lost. Game 539259.
aeronautic wrote:
@Hood, seem as you can edit all forums, could you put spoiler tags around your image in: http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&act=view&id=1539&page=3#post-27082 above.
My screen has a horizontal scroll bar.
Thanks in advance.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
BETA wrote:
I am not sure that there isnt already a thread specific to this glitch, but in
http://www.dominating12.com/index.php?cmd=game&sec=play&id=594595
I added troops on alaska, and.. well they disappeared, not accounted for!
the territory was NOT conquered at the same time, so this seems new to me.
28 Dec, 05:21:24 Northwest Territory (ElectricBlue) attacks Alaska (BETA) killing 0 troops, losing 2.
28 Dec, 05:21:24 Alaska was reinforced by BETA with 4 troops.
I was using firefox.

when a territory is conquered, and troops are placed on that territory in the milliseconds between the troop count updating and checking that a territory is defeated. - addressed by Vexer here.
Vexer wrote:
It's not a new glitch. You placed in the middle of someone else's attack. The results of their attack overwrote your placement. It has to do with the horrible way that data is retrieved and saved to the database. I haven't looked at the code for the rewrite yet but I hope we won't have the same issue.
Matty wrote:
In the rewrite that error cannot occur, as the event log stores all moves.
However, we do cache that, so there some things can potentially go wrong. Lots of locks are placed though, so it should be ok.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria