this involves running out of time twice
  • 45 posts
  • Page 1 of 3
davidechko123 wrote:
in game 264118, encountered glitch where I ran out of time twice simultaneously and got two cards instead of one. Unfortunately this meant I could not start my turn and lost as a result. Had seen plenty of troop conversion glitches in same time but only encountered this one a couple times before. 
davidechko123 wrote:
wow happened again so soon after the first occurrence. game 264161. same thing double 'ran out of time', double cards, and unable to start turn. costing me the game again
davidechko123 wrote:
again just now in game 264205. fortunately was able to survive the skipped turn round and win the next round. clearly this is a new bug to recur so frequently just today. Has any new same time programming gone down in last day?
Vexer wrote:
Same time games are labeled beta for a reason, they are full of glitches. Play at your own risk. If you care about points and fairness don't play a beta gametype.

I know what all the glitches are but they will take awhile to fix.
cbt711 wrote:
Obviously I have no beef with what happened as I read this thread first and played entirely at my own risk, but it happened twice to me and once to 3 players on one turn all in the same game, easily allowing the 4th player the win.

http://www.dominating12.com//?cmd=game&sec=play&id=269230

Just FYI for a good example of it happening a lot.
Matty wrote:
It's usually ok for long term games, in live games it glitches alot.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Clarke wrote:
So how about ending your turns BEFORE time runs out. Is that not a option? I play a lot of games and can not remember the last time I ran out of time on a turn.
cbt711 wrote:
Clarke, there is a very dangerous tactic in same time games where a player waits until the last second, then adds time. Everyone else who has NOT ended their turn gets that added time as well. But everyone who has ended their turn has to sit and watch as the time adder gets free reign over the map.

SO - people wait until 2-4 seconds left to end turn. Sometimes, good old fashioned client server communications are slower than that, and they run out of time. I do. A lot... but that's just trying to keep up with Spartacus or David which is just impossible anyway.

I have come to like this glitch. I think it should be made part of the game. If you run out of time, you miss the next round. Just get rid of the bonus extra card. This would make it much more tactful playing the last few seconds. Also, something HAS to be done about turn starting time. Is there anyway to make sure both players get to start at the same time?
Crystal wrote:
The delayed start is intentional. The player who plays last in the previous round must wait until all other players have started their turn or until the timer on the round is half over.
cbt711 wrote:
I get how that helps in long term games... but it is totally abused in live games. I really don't like it, personally.  I have seen 14 take down a cap of 12 before 20 could take down a cap of 1 on games with that tactic used. Game was over before begin turn prompt was even able to be clicked. 

So your options are end turn first for an advantage on the next turn, but if you do they can add time. Or wait out the opponents and run out of time and that could skip your next turn.

How about for live games: 3 minute turns. Period. No start turn, no end turn. Everyone starts and ends together. Just a thought.
lifeinpixels wrote:
I agree, I think same-time games would be better if running out of time skips the next turn automatically.
oliver wrote:
It must there be something more about that glitch...

In this game (1vs1) :
http://www.dominating12.com/index.php?cmd=game&sec=play&id=306113

20:22 .- I end turn for taking advantage next turn, and david looses time and run out of time ---> i take no adv, no glitch for david!

20:27 .- David end turn, and i think.. well, I am gonna do the same, but when I run out ---> I loose a turn, glitch!

The best thing is the comment

davidechko123
14 May, 20:27 davidechko123: bitter much?

20: 34 .- I run out of time again while i am trying to speak with david about the glitches ---> I loose a turn, glitch!

Can anybody explain this glitch in a reasonable way?

Abandono el juego por el trato recibido.
Vexer wrote:
i could explain it but it would take like 30 minutes to write it out. I fixed this issue for non same time games long ago but same time was more complicated. I do plan on working on this after I'm done with the reputation scores.