this involves running out of time twice
  • 45 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
oliver wrote:
Fixing the glitch is really good, and i give you thanks for your effort Vexer, but I am not asking that.

I would like to understand the glitch in the game first, why it happens sometimes yes, sometimes no....

I was expecting some help from the same time players, they can share that knowledge (hard thing to get)

Thanks
Abandono el juego por el trato recibido.
Vexer wrote:
As far as I know I am the only one who can accurately answer your question. Any player is just going to give you guesses.
bluebird005vis wrote:
I fear same time games will allways be problematic, even if all the kinks are removed it is still much to easy to cheat, team up, suicide etc etc.
Enter same time games at your own risk but don't expect them to have the same standards as "normal games".
Vexer wrote:
I'm considering a mandatory minimum rank for joining same time games, probably lance corporal, in hopes that new players won't be taken advantage of because they don't know what 'same time' is. This would also give new players something to work for that you can't just pay for. They would have to earn the game type.

I've also been thinking that Same Time capitals games should be just for fun and not give out points at the end. I'm sure plenty of you feel that is extreme so let me here it.
Villain191 wrote:
Vexer - May 17, 05:33 AM
I'm considering a mandatory minimum rank for joining same time games, probably lance corporal, in hopes that new players won't be taken advantage of because they don't know what 'same time' is. This would also give new players something to work for that you can't just pay for. They would have to earn the game type.

I've also been thinking that Same Time capitals games should be just for fun and not give out points at the end. I'm sure plenty of you feel that is extreme so let me here it.

There is a difference between being a new player and a bad player, by restricting to rank you're effectively stopping poor players which doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't agree with same time capitals being 'just for fun', imo they're the most strategic game type.
lifeinpixels wrote:
I would agree with Villain191. I've never won a same time game due to glitches (I know of them but not really how to use them) but I still win more same-time caps games than I lose. There definitely is a strategy unique to those games only, and it is very different than any other game mode. It relies less on a fast computer than people might think.
Villain191 wrote:
oliver - May 18, 09:03 PM
strategy or knowledge of the glitches?

Our secret 'glitch' club won't like me saying this but it's obviously knowledge of the multiple glitches like being able to win instantly by typing your name backwards three times.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
@Villain I am sure that getting a lot of points in same time games (especially if you are a high ranked player) requires some skill, I don't deny that but you have to admit that getting one more card just because you know that if you let the time finish and the other player doesn't it also makes some difference.

I gave Same Time games a chance and I got so upset with those things (in cap games that card can be really important) that I gave up.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
Villain191 wrote:
MuzuaneAskari - May 19, 10:43 AM
@Villain I am sure that getting a lot of points in same time games (especially if you are a high ranked player) requires some skill, I don't deny that but you have to admit that getting one more card just because you know that if you let the time finish and the other player doesn't it also makes some difference.

I gave Same Time games a chance and I got so upset with those things (in cap games that card can be really important) that I gave up.
As far as I know the only time you get an extra card by not finishing your turn is when you are blocked from taking the next turn ie. the game mixes up your previous turn end with you current turn end and you get two cards but only one out of two possible turns.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Does it mean that in the next turn both players will have the same amount of cards?
Villain191 wrote:
MuzuaneAskari - May 19, 12:25 PM
Does it mean that in the next turn both players will have the same amount of cards?
Let's assume it's a two player game and I've timed out, the glitch would mean that I can't do anything for the next turn and also don't get troops to deploy while the other player can play, I would however get a card.
oliver wrote:
yes. you get two cards, but you loose one turn, where is the advantage. Only the player who plays one extra turn gets a great advantage
Abandono el juego por el trato recibido.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
And it was always like that? Because I think in one game after the 3rd round the other player had 4 cards. Was that posible?
tontot wrote:
If you do not end your turn and let your time runs out, you take the risk to get an additional cards (2 cards for that round) but you will lose the next turn.
Usually that is a disadvantage.

Good players playing the same time now will end their turn in the last seconds if they do not want to take that risk. However sometime you have to since if you are the one to end your turn last, the next turn you will have to wait until someone clicks Start (and lose due to that)

In my experience, if you do not do anything (attack or fortify) in the last 1.30 minutes, that risk will reduce significantly to about 5%.
However all is guessed as Vexer mentioned.