• 50 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
Leedog wrote:
Lol!! It appears Vexer was ready to supply evidence to back up his point!!

In the games I've played against Sek, when he has bad dice he does get angry but I don't take it personally.

Question: Is he banned from chat for life or just a period of time like a month or so?
Vexer wrote:
He was first banned for 24 hours, then lifted for awhile, then banned again for 3 days, then lifted, then for 3 more days, then lifted, then for a week and lifted, then another week, then two. Then we just got tired and didn't bother lifting it again.

Am I the one taking all the heat for this because I have been the most active admin in this thread? This was more Fendi and Holt's decision than mine. They are the ones with the responsibility for chat bans, it's not one of my job duties.

I am defending their decision because I agreed with it.
Thorpe wrote:
And seems to be the ones that blame you for everything that goes on here need to know who and why. But what else do the do? When in doubt blame Vexer!

Need to get the facts first..then maybe you might have something to complain about or not. LOL!

But when you are wrong then...suck it up...and take your punishment.

Sorry guys and seki, but after all the facts do you still think the punishment does not fit...for the standards set-up in the rules?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
Say you are sorry Paddlin...
LOL
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Diddly wrote:
A small list of words I believe will drive members away: Abusive, Offensive and The. I am not sure who to submit this list to in order for these words to be voted on or considered for removal from chat etc. But I believe no longer using this "language" will absolutely result in additional members joining this site(ultimate goal).
Diddly wrote:
- "I know sekretar, we message all the time. I know his personality. He thinks he's being funny and in his culture those words are funny, not offensive."

This among other reasons is why the way sek speaks does not bother me. I try to take into consideration the way his culture is. I do not know every aspect of it no, but I can understand parts such as use of language.

This quote I am highlighting, at least to me, is saying this: Culture is not respected/understood here near as much as what me, other admins, the group (not community) or what not, find offensive. Respecting/uunderstanding culture will not increase the number of members on the site as fast as not allowing this list of potty mouth words (vague list) F words or SH words or something derogatory in the form of name calling.

Then again, this is my belief on the above points, but I have " really messed up a post" before so who knows lol.
marcoxa wrote:
yet again another pointless argument... some of you people drive me crazy. honestly think about what your complaining about here. you are complaining about someones standards for foul speech, on a online game site. seriously the fact that there are still people online that are willing the deal with potty mouths anymore is amazing. i was very presently surprised when i found out that this site has really good standards. the way vexer is dealing with this is the very just. he gave him the rules, he ignored it so he warned him but he continued, so he kept to his word and punished him. wether you like the rules are not this is not your site so you shouldn't complain about the rules. if you don't like them then leave, bring your problems to another site. vexer has enough to do on this site he shouldn't have to deal with nonsense such as this...
sekretar wrote:
Hi guys-i am here now.Thanx for your time in this forum about me.Dont waste words for me anymore.Big HELLO for el-thorpy.I was jerk, or i am jerk :D I can say, Vexer was to much tolerated, in his place this sekretar is banned from site total!I can try to be nice, i cant promise.And, bad language is not part of serbian culture, of course.See ya ;)
lider wrote:
Vex its not in our culture. We (Serbs) are polite people. Dont offend my nation/culture.
Thorpe wrote:
I still love you man! You are not banned from playing! Just play and then maybe a year from now...? Up to you my Serb friend! LOL

And lider your are right but there are rude people in every culture or people that says rude things in the human race.
Vexer wrote:
when i said in his culture those words are funny i was not referring to Serbian culture. I was referring to internet culture. Sorry I wasn't clear but I did say his culture, meaning specifically all the influences in his life that cause him to curse like that online and not Serbian culture.
Thorpe wrote:
That was me, not the staff saying a year...so who knows mother Terezia!
LOL