• 49 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Anaxagore
actually it's 20.
i feel very dumb lol

You shouldn't feel dumb.. but you just did it wrong again..
With the current question/riddle (Hoodlum has already changed it once :roll:), the correct answer is provided by V98.

I'm slightly surprised how many people seem to struggle with this task - maybe that's why Hoodlum got annoyed that I solved it within a few minutes...
With some focus and a keen eye (to notice the ' trap ' ) - I believe this riddle is at primary school level. Basic arithmetic.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Tennesseelogman wrote:
24 is correct if you believe that the left hand scarf and the right hand scarf each have a value of 2. but if the left is 3 and the right is 1 - then different answer all together. and so forth
Live long and prosper
dough_boy wrote:
Technically the answer is 10. 10 + 0 x 2. The guy with the "partial" tie isn't defined. We cannot tell if he is holding 1 full tie, half of a tie, a quarter, etc. If you assume the guy is holding ONE full tie then you could get 24. So because you cannot tell what he is actually holding you either make him undefined, or you just say guy which is 5 and an answer of 20.
elysium5 wrote:
So no one noticed the day that the question was first posed?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
elysium5
So no one noticed the day that the question was first posed?
I did think about that, but I figured for Hood it was already April the 2nd \_'-'_/
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
The answer to Hood's puzzle was so easy, there isn't a chance that AlexCheckMate didn't get it... oh, wait... he didn't get it.
In what universe could it possibly be 36?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
aeronautic
The answer to Hood's puzzle was so easy, there isn't a chance that AlexCheckMate didn't get it... oh, wait... he didn't get it.
In what universe could it possibly be 36?

I guess you didn't have the time to read the other posts in this topic. Do you have a weakspot for 36 too though?

Well played Hood :roll:
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
dough_boy
Technically the answer is 10. 10 + 0 x 2. The guy with the "partial" tie isn't defined. We cannot tell if he is holding 1 full tie, half of a tie, a quarter, etc. If you assume the guy is holding ONE full tie then you could get 24. So because you cannot tell what he is actually holding you either make him undefined, or you just say guy which is 5 and an answer of 20.
Not defined does not mean 0. It means you don't know what it is.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Matty
I should have put this statement next to the answers to all of my Maths exam questions in school.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
aeronautic
Matty
I should have put this statement next to the answers to all of my Maths exam questions in school.

I used to just put Q.E.D. :D With the first few, it actually worked, they enjoyed the originality :p
Later I continued with: Hoc volo, sic iubeo, sit pro ratione voluntas.

Same effect really (this was somewhere during high school, when stuff doesnt matter anyway).

― Albert Einstein