The Cannonball Run Canada Official Game Thread
  • 208 posts
  • Page 4 of 14
ThickTalon wrote:
elysium5
I am still waiting for one player to give me their vehicle specs.

I will start the game as soon as I receive them.

tell me who it is and I will give you a vehicle for them.
dough_boy wrote:
I think you should just default them to something. No one would know until the first results, so they have that long to update you. Otherwise they stick with it
elysium5 wrote:
I will default one if I don't get it by tonight and will get the race started.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Madagascarter wrote:
I did the maths. There is no point going slower than 180kmph.

So 200kmph will get you 800km in 4 hours. If 1 person reports you then you'll lose half an hour of time, so will only go 700kmph.

By going 180kmph you have a 20% chance of not getting caught, and then you'll travel 720km.

170kmph you have a 170% of getting caught anyway to just end up going slower than a caught 200kmph run at 680km, 30% and a 70% of going 510km. Just not worth it. You guys have 3 options.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Rockbert wrote:
agree on the default. I say give them a lime green yugo with fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror :)
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
dough_boy wrote:
Madagascarter
I did the maths. There is no point going slower than 180kmph.

So 200kmph will get you 800km in 4 hours. If 1 person reports you then you'll lose half an hour of time, so will only go 700kmph.

By going 180kmph you have a 20% chance of not getting caught, and then you'll travel 720km.

170kmph you have a 170% of getting caught anyway to just end up going slower than a caught 200kmph run at 680km, 30% and a 70% of going 510km. Just not worth it. You guys have 3 options.

But that assumes only one report. You travel past 4 people and there is a chance they report you. I think that would skew your maths...
Madagascarter wrote:
We don’t know how to gain information about other cars. If it really is just cars driving past you, then there is no reason to not go max speed always. Even in a roadblock you’ll never be overtaken or found out.

Summer 2 Countdown

2ofclubs wrote:
I can't wait to see what abilities Alfred equipped my mobile with to compliment Torreto's driving lessons, Raine's like motivation, Bandit's reward, ... all backed with Captain Choas humor. GL ALL
https://youtu.be/_JS9A4I7lc0
WRKD4IT
Madagascarter wrote:
What would make it a little more interesting is if you could only choose each speed once. Completely unrealistic, but allows for more strategy of when to roadblock. Or speed up. You don't want to go 200kmph on a phase 4 people report you and you are hurt by a road block.

Summer 2 Countdown

Rockbert wrote:
I'm worried my car is going to get towed.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
AlexCheckMate wrote:
elysium5
I will default one if I don't get it by tonight and will get the race started.

Will you tell us what you defaulted to him/her?
Should we already be sending in our speed actions?

My car goes vroom vroom!
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Tennesseelogman wrote:
rc - you are not on the list but it may not be too late
send ely a PM w the color , make and model of the car you want just in case - the game has not started yet
Live long and prosper
2ofclubs wrote:
RC you can have my slot. I will be very limited or w/o wifi or just late night wifi availabilty under the aurora borealis nights June 2 -15. Probably on cruise control but more likely way ahead giving all a chance to catch up. :P
WRKD4IT