• 59 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
Tennesseelogman wrote:
go ahead and sign-up. complete game mechanics and abilities will be posted on day -1. yes = you will go back in time - but due to the temporal prime directive - only one thing can be done by the players - - and that can not be allowed to change the present or the future.

player list

1 - Madagascarter
2 - ABS
3 - Rockbert
4 - ThickTalon
5 - Rcomer727
6 - 2ofclubs
7 - jkl3699
8 - MacEohaid
9 - notoriouspat
10 - KC321
11 - pygmyhippo277
12 - Ryomyr
13 - Bluegoetz
14 - DreamStreet
15 - elysium5

here are most of the parameters of the Star Trek mafia game. Be prepared to go where no man has gone before.
This is a forum and private message based role playing game. Comments can be made over the ship wide intercom system (public forum) or by way of personal communicators (PM) at all times unless an announcement is given that all communications have been jammed by somebody, something, or by some spatial anomaly.

There is an ion storm on day -1 = all communications aboard ship have been disrupted until all players have purchased their abilities. No forum chats speculating about what the abilities will be and which ones would be most valuable during this blackout. it will announced over the ship wide intercom system when the ship is clear of the storm and Day zero begins. No actions may be taken on day zero = only discussions and questions.

Upon commencement of the game, the Starship Enterprise has just become trapped in a time loop. All experiences are real but the consequences will not be realized until the end of the 3rd phase. Only then will normal time be restored and all actions and results that occurred during the 1st 3 days will be announced. I will announce deaths that occurred in the forum as soon as possible at the end of each day. I will let you know by PM any other actions that occurred asap.

Most normal mafia game rules common to this site apply except where noted differently.

PM's and forum posts are allowed at all times
All actions and lynch votes must be submitted in your individual Role PM to the moderator - lynch votes statements made in the forum will not count toward the final tally.

The game begins in Day Zero. Initial abilities must be purchased Day -1 by everyone before Day 0 can begin.
No Actions will take place during Day Zero but discussions can begin both in PM's and also in this Game Thread.
Day One will begin at 22:00 Server Time (subject to change by popular demand)and day phases will be every 24 hours hours.

PLEASE REMEMBER
You must include me, the moderator, in all PM's

There are at least 2 factions some of which may be = Starfleet/Federation, Romulan Empire, the Dominion, the Cardassian Union, and Borg - under certain rare conditions, one can be converted/recruited to a different faction. Any species can belong to any faction. Some species that may exist are Human, Vulcan, Romulan, Klingons, Bolian, Betazoid, Vorta, Cardassiuns, Bajorans, this is not a complete list.
Day phases will be 24 hours long and will be referred to as "days". There is no separate night phase. All actions, abilities, and lynches will occur simultaneously each day. This may result in an overlap of demises for some victims. There are no day actions and night actions - just actions.

Players do not have names. All players are nameless red shirt characters with the rank of ensign - which means you are expendable. Any name chosen by any player does not insinuate their abilities since abilities are purchased at the discretion of each player.
Each player starts with 3 bars of Latium. Each ability/item cost 3 bars payable to Quark (the moderator). Each ability is available to each player for purchase regardless of faction. Some players may have innate abilities that do not need to be purchased. The abilities are not limited in their number available. The names of each ability may be changed to make the game more interesting but the effect will be the same. The abilities available to purchase are:
Spoiler (click to show)

Three additional bars of Latium will be given to each player that does not use any of there their purchased or innate abilities during the first 3 phases. These can spent immediately or banked to be used later.

all lynch votes will be placed anonymously and posted after the deadline. I like this concept since it does make it easier to count the actual votes, it prevents last second vote change schemes, takes out the time zone effect/ influence, and somewhat prevents band wagoning. Votes should be submitted by PM to the moderator and say 1 - # lynch xxx (or lunch xxx or vote for xxx) OR 2 - # no lynch OR 3 - # abstain = #no vote. Not voting and abstaining will not be counted in the final tally. However, abstaining will indicate activity vs not voting will indicate inactivity. The player that receives the most lynch votes will be jettisoned out the air lock into open space.

The dead can still communicate - dead players can post one 20 word maximum in the forum per phase and send one 20 word maximum PM per phase. The dead can be included in any chat and can listen but not speak beyond their single 20 word contribution. The dead can not be the one to open a chat room. upon your death = your role and the ability(s) you acquired will be revealed. The dead can not copy paste from PMs w other players.

if you are lynched or killed = you will put into a space suit, put into an airlock and, jettisoned into space - - you will have enough battery to last until the end of the game and just enough oxygen to breath and make your 20 word statements. The dead will not be given any special insights into the happenings on the ship and there will not be a dead player's chat room.

Ask any questions for clarification and i will address them one on one or here for all to see.

Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
is the current deadline of 02:00 server time best with all (except hood = Australia) or is there a better time that would suit the majority? I am available anytime between 6am and 9pm central time usa. 02:00 is 9pm cst = 3am London. 8am here is 2pm in London. i can consider 4pm cst = 10 pm London, or 5pm cst = 11pm London.
voting will be by PM only, so being up to do a last minute vote switch should not be an issue.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
Rockbert wrote:
I am flexible with any time frame I should think
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
MacEohaid wrote:
KC321
Can I play?
Ha ha.
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xT5LMrnAZpDq1OSH4c" width="480" height="364" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/season-7-the-simpsons-7x11-xT5LMrnAZpDq1OSH4c">via GIPHY</a></p>