Your view
  • 50 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Shoot!

I suppose most people have an opinion on the virus itself and how people/politics are dealing with it, locally as well as globally.
I suggest to not go for the spoiler until you've given your say.

Spoiler (click to show)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Anaxagore wrote:
dough_boy
Bioweapon?
Of course..

The real question is who did it?
I first believed CIA/Mossad but now i think China did it on itself knowing it would blow the West while having an alibi.
Russia also closed its border really fast.
dough_boy wrote:
Yes, I would say China. They don't mind sacrificing some of their own. They also know that they can just shut things down and stop it unlike the west...

Watch them wait until millions are infected and suddenly have a cure...that they will sell for a price.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I've also played with the bioweapon idea in my head - didn't go too deep in it (yet).

Yesterday I've noticed a positive sideeffect for D12 with it though - seems like there's a large influx of new (Italian) players here :D
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
This article is a very informative article, especially useful for countries with similar numbers of cases as the UK and the USA (about to spike). It's a 20 minute read but is incredibly useful for its use of data to draw conclusions about how we should act.

I won't say any more right now because it will detract from that very useful article that I think everyone should read.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Anaxagore wrote:
Virtuosity98
This article is a very informative article, especially useful for countries with similar numbers of cases as the UK and the USA (about to spike). It's a 20 minute read but is incredibly useful for its use of data to draw conclusions about how we should act.

I won't say any more right now because it will detract from that very useful article that I think everyone should read.

I have bought food for two months so personnaly i don't have to get out, but when you see this was happening in Paris this afternoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAtJ36ZZsHE&feature=emb_log
you know that with such an amount of low IQ people... things will get VERY UGLY
(i'm not saying the strike is unjustified but you kind of deserve your genes to be removed from the pool when you decide to do that now)

I have had some internal info from docs saying they are expecting the pic of the epidemy in France around the end of March.
Also, may be useful for you guys, this virus would stay:
-10 minutes on hands
-6/12 hours on objets (door wrist, clothes), so after touching something, don't touch your clothes before washing your hands..

Be ready for a massive economic collapse too, banks will soon collapse.
Deutsche Bank will probably be the first to dive.
They'll probably get bailed out, but the gov debt will SURGE and the bond market will eventually crack.
farspaceplace wrote:
I hate to sound sound very cynical here - but "the only" people who are in danger are elderly and/or people with weak immune system. That is actually not so bad - nothing compared to the spanish plague, the black plague and so forth. Most smitten people will not even really feel it, or only in a minor degree. Concider this a warning: chance to prepare for a future outbreak of something else, - (which will happen at some point).
Anaxagore wrote:
farspaceplace
I hate to sound sound very cynical here - but "the only" people who are in danger are elderly and/or people with weak immune system. That is actually not so bad - nothing compared to the spanish plague, the black plague and so forth. Most smitten people will not even really feel it, or only in a minor degree. Concider this a warning: chance to prepare for a future outbreak of something else, - (which will happen at some point).

you're probably right but some people in good shape died in italy (mostly men), and some numbers in Lombardy say the death rate is 8% (of course they can't know exactly as long as we don't know how many got it). The normal death rate is probably around 3% but when hospitals are full, most severe cases die, and people tend to say 10% need to get hospitalised.

The Spanish flu had an estimated death rate of 3% (it was killing people in good shape primarily), so the consequences could be way higher.
farspaceplace wrote:
So also good shaped people? well lets hope this thing dies out quickly. On the plus side, people who have had it, should be immune?
Anaxagore wrote:
farspaceplace
So also good shaped people? well lets hope this thing dies out quickly. On the plus side, people who have had it, should be immune?

yes but very few i believe. if you're young the biggest risk if that you give it with your grandparents
I guess people are immune after yes.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Yesterday I've noticed a positive sideeffect for D12 with it though - seems like there's a large influx of new (Italian) players here :D

[image]
Very nice activity here! Hope the server can deal with the extra strain AND that the new players are eager to stay ^_^

@V98 - read the article before and yes, I too see this as a valuable/useful one! Big data can improve stuff in so many fields.
Notice he talks about the virus living on surfaces for 9 days! // @Anaxagore - this is very different from your 6/12h
That 26% of the infections occur while the infector is NOT displaying symptoms
...and much more

Most of these things, aren't publicly shared by other media/governments. I didn't fact check/research any of his sources - but his data seems fine and he's got 2 Engineering MScs ;d

Not too sure about getting immune after having had it - sure, you'll have more resistance, but that's as far as I'd like to go with it.

― Albert Einstein