Avada Kedavra
  • 50 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
Madagascarter wrote:
Welcome to a new mafia game. This game is going to be crazy with players having multiple objectives. If you've played mafia before, you'll love it and if your new, I'll give you pointers along the way to make sure you understand. So with all good mafia games we need a back story. If you haven't read the books or seen the films there will be spoilers.

It is the battle of Hogwarts, Room of Requirement where Harry Potter and his friends and allies are planning a strategy. Suddenly Voldemort and several death eaters burst into the room using the secret entrance from Aberforth Dumbledore's place. A great battle took place in which Voldemort and a few Death Eaters had to flee. However it is quickly pointed out that Voldemort had used the imperious curse 4 times during the battle but they have no idea who has been hit by the spell. Can you work it out before the new brainwashed Death Eaters kill you all? Also in the game are the 3 deathly hallows can someone gain all 3 hallows and become conqueror of death?
Players list (click to show)

This game is going to consist of 17 players. It may take a while to fill but I am a patient man.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
elysium5 wrote:
Me too
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Madagascarter wrote:
For the want of another reference, The game will "open at the close" of the signups. Okay, I'm gonna give you a riddle (not Harry Potter related) for the chance to start the game with the Marauders Map! The first person to PM me with the answer will win it.

Riddle (click to show)

Summer 2 Countdown

Madagascarter wrote:
Riddle closed. We have had 2 players get the correct answer and the one that found it first starts with the marauders map, don't worry there will be plenty of opportunity to nick it during the game. I have no wish to share the answer yet because the answer is just so satisfying. 

Summer 2 Countdown

Matty wrote:
Ok, I like this riddle too much not to try to answer.

My first guess was the lame one: the padlock is one with numbers. Which would make this riddle very bad, as you can just brute-force it (try all combinations of numbers).

So my second guess was:
1. Lock the package
2. Send the key
3. (once the key is received) Send the package.
This way the security service doesn't know yet that they have to open that unbreakable package, so hopefully they'll just send through the package.
However, they can maybe copy the key, which will defeat this exchange.

So my third guess is (and I think this is the correct answer):
Spoiler (click to show)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
I was thinking either your third guess OR oliver just mails him the original lock to use...
Matty wrote:
If oliver mails him the lock to use, the government could keep that original lock, send Jeff their own lock instead, and then once the package comes unlock it - check the content - and, if they still want, relock it with Olivers lock.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria