Avada Kedavra
  • 50 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
AlbertEinstein wrote:
Matty
AlbertEinstein
What about this?
Oliver has padlock 1 and key 1 and Jeff has padlock 2 and key 2 (key 1 opens padlock 1 and key 2 opens padlock 2).
- Oliver sends padlock 1 to Jeff (unlocked) but keeps key 1 for himself.
The government now keeps padlock 1, and sends Jeff padlock 3, while they pretend it's padlock 1.
Your scheme is already defeated.

I disagree, I'm not sure that you understood my method.
If Government sends padlock 3, while pretend it's padlock 1, Jeff uses padlock 3 to lock the package with padlock 2 inside.
Oliver recieves the package and cannot open it using his key, so he knows that padlock 1 has been changed by a different padlock. So they can just buy new padlocks and start the process again until the government stops changing the packages/padlocks.

Matty wrote:
But when the government receive it, they can open the package, put their own key (key 4) in it, and lock the package with olivers key.
Now oliver receives a package locked with his key (the one he expects), and thinks it contains Jeffs key - but it doesn't.
Then when the gov receives that package, they do the same trick, and now Jeff sends the dangerous content locked with the gov's key.

You see, if the government knows the protocol (and any protocol worth anything is known to the opponent - Kerckhoffs principle).
So they can do everything that Oliver can do as well.

Unless you have a trusted uncompromised 3rd party or a shared secret.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
AlbertEinstein wrote:
Matty
But when the government receive it, they can open the package, put their own key (key 4) in it, and lock the package with olivers key.
Now oliver receives a package locked with his key (the one he expects), and thinks it contains Jeffs key - but it doesn't.
Then when the gov receives that package, they do the same trick, and now Jeff sends the dangerous content locked with the gov's key.

You see, if the government knows the protocol (and any protocol worth anything is known to the opponent - Kerckhoffs principle).
So they can do everything that Oliver can do as well.

Unless you have a trusted uncompromised 3rd party or a shared secret.

Well, it took me a while to understand what you are saying but you're right
Madagascarter wrote:
Signups are still open and there will be another chance to win an object. Not sure what it'll be yet but thinking maybe a Nimbus 2000 or a Golden Snitch. No-one is allowed to have the philosopher's stone expect me.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Calliope wrote:
Hey I'm new. I'm a friend of Anaxagore and I love Harry Potter games. Can I join?
Anaxagore wrote:
Just so that everyone knows: Hoodlum accused me of having created multiple account to cheat, banned me from these mafia games, and took many of my points, without having investigated any of these games.

It is true that I created another account to play a few games with a friend one year ago.
And another one (Calliope) for my girlfriend to play this mafia (she is a big fan of Harry Potter and couldn't create her own account).

I don't think anyone here seriously think I ever cheated in these mafia games.
In risk games, no one ever reported me for cheating or something.

I was around 20th, so I had a chance to play the dominating 12 game soon, having played only 300 games.. but now that many of my points were stolen, I'm done with this website.

Anyway, I had a good time playing mafia with you all.

Bye

Anaxagore wrote:
dough_boy
So what is the other account you created for Mafia and played with?

No i had created
-an account (Democrite) for a friend to play Risk
-an account (Calliope) for my girlfriend to play mafia (to play this Harry Potter game)

dough_boy wrote:
So I am not understanding how you could be banned from Mafia then? I could see the confusion around accounts for playing games.
Hoodlum wrote:
i didn't say he was banned from mafia. i said i am uncomfortable playing with him and another account that he has made. atm the account he made for his girlfriend is locked, while i sort out log in issues of an account she apparently made before. these are multiple account issues.

i just received an answer and will check it out.

when you and democrite accounts play in same game, and you are a victor in many of those games..and you also have 100% standings against that account. that's suspicious anaxagore.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Anaxagore wrote:
Hoodlum
when you and democrite accounts play in same game, and you are a victor in many of those games..and you also have 100% standings against that account. that's suspicious anaxagore.

I don't think it was 100%.
And it's not my fault my friend is not good.
You can look at the games and see nothing weird ever happened.
Kyla wrote:
i'm not sure if this game is still going to go but I need to back out, thanks