• 442 posts
  • Page 2 of 30
elysium5 wrote:
@UltraPlot, regarding your list in which order the mafia would take people out, shouldn't the inspector be first on the list? You don't even mention the inspector in your list...maybe I'm reading your post wrong, this is only my second game.

I've read both arguments about whether or not the inspector should come out right away..., or stay hidden..., or wait for...I am not really sure. I don't pretend to know the right answer, I only wish to discuss the pros and cons;

Here are my thoughts so far;

If the inspector came out, the doctor would be able to protect the inspector. But that means the mafia would know who the inspector was. Does that mean the mafia would waste kill attempts on the inspector because the doctor is protecting him or would the mafia try to take out literally anyone else because they believe the inspector would at that point be protected because he/she came out?

Anyone else care to chime in on this?
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
Jimi wrote:
Sorry I forgot about the game for a while
And finally the game begins.
Inspector please make sure to inspect me this time, I am certainly a village player this time.

“While you were so busy forcing me into a boner, you forgot you were committing one yourself.”

Batman
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Mafia who would you kill first? ^^ I think they would kill everyone else hoping to get the doctor so that we were all vulnerable. I think while the village is still intact they will have to take a shot in the dark so the doc should be protecting himself unless the inspector decides to come forward.
You have a keen military mind Pod...
CheekyTeeky wrote:
I'm still waiting to see a clear advantage to him coming forward? 
Sygmassacre wrote:
UltrasPlot
ebwop ok so we have a 1shot vig a doc and a cop

cop should ideally claim d2 with a result; vig depends on the shot's priority

syg does the vig's shot take place before or after mafia kill?

if before should claim the day before you shoot, if after, never claim, imo

Both shots are fired simultaneously at the end of the night.
On another note, the Inspectors request is actioned as soon as I see it in the role pm thread.
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Madagascarter wrote:
Elysium5
If the inspector came out, the doctor would be able to protect the inspector. But that means the mafia would know who the inspector was. Does that mean the mafia would waste kill attempts on the inspector because the doctor is protecting him or would the mafia try to take out literally anyone else because they believe the inspector would at that point be protected because he/she came out?
I may be grasping at straws here but reading between the lines, you seem to suggest you want the inspector to come out but the doctor not to protect him be because then the mafia obviously wouldn't attack a protected person. Surely this is a wish a mafia would want, to confuse the village to not know who is being protected then stab the village in the center with a dead inspector. I think perhaps he is mafia?
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
dough_boy wrote:
I think the Inspector needs to remain hidden as long as possible. They are the only ones who can 100% determine who is Mafia. They should be Mafia's #1 target followed by the Doctor. The inspector can look at a plain villager and they can be the spokesperson. The inspector needs to not jump in to defend the villager spokesperson so they stay hidden.

Syg has said that the inspector will get their request immediately. So far we have had two, maybe three claim to be village. If you are the inspector choose one person and then work with that person behind the scenes to identify one other villager and slowly pick off the Mafia.
CheekyTeeky wrote:
I think you are grasping at straws madagascarter lol. I seem to recall that it was you who decided the inspector should out themself...
Madagascarter wrote:
CheekyTeeky
I think you are grasping at straws madagascarter lol. I seem to recall that it was you who decided the inspector should out themself...
I did but only if the doctor protects the inspector indefinatly. What Elysium5 is suggesting is that the doctor shouldn't protect the inspector as mafia will not go for a person they presume will be protected. This would favour a mafia.

Summer 2 Countdown

dwcalvert wrote:
Sorry I'm a little late to the threads this morning... Alas, I am neither an inspector nor a doctor, just a lowly villager.
CheekyTeeky wrote:
True madagascarter, although surely that kind of tactic would be discussed in PM with cleared villagers not openly here on the forum. Ely is just trying to suss out the implications of the inspector (or cop as Ultra put it) coming out; your mind is 10 steps ahead.
Madagascarter wrote:
Lol perhaps I'm too far ahead. But at the moment there is no clear villagers and once again I'm grasping at straws but Cheeky why are you defending elysium5 so much? Is there something in that? 

Man, if I keep accusing people I'm going to become a suspect.

Summer 2 Countdown

dough_boy wrote:
Vote #Mad! JUST KIDDING!

Of course there are no clear villagers...won't really be until they are killed or the game over.

I can assure you I am a plain vanillager and will be happy to be the spokesperson for the Village once inspected.
elysium5 wrote:
I'm not suggesting one thing or another. I was only looking for everyone's take on why the inspector should come out or why the inspector should remain hidden. I was also wondering why the inspector wasn't even mentioned on UltrPlot's list of who it is important for the mafia to kill first or if I missed something in that comment.

I am actually trying to figure out why anyone would come out. Doesn't it make that person a target no matter what? Or is it expected that the doctor should protect whoever comes out? Even the vanillager as a voice thing doesn't make much sense. I would think that the mafia would target that person as well. So is their sacrifice worth it for being a voice for just one day?

This is only my second game. I am not advocating anything. I am only looking for opinions on strategies. Everyone is obviously focused on the inspector right now and what they should or shouldn't do but what about the doctor? Save someone else or save himself indefinitly? The vigilante? Shoot early in the game so as not to waste their only shot or try to get the doctor to protect them in order to save the shot for later?
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"