• 61 posts
  • Page 1 of 5
lionheart wrote:
figure this one out

a lorry gets to a mile long bridge and a sign states max weight 10tons, which is the exact weight of the lorry. Half way across the bridge a bird lands on the lorry, if you take the 10 ton max as the literal max weight of the bridge will the bridge collapse and why?

if anyone has some good riddles please post them back
4myGod wrote:
You better be posting the answer to this... I will die of wonder if you don't. Give it perhaps a week and post the answer for us please. :P
lionheart wrote:
yeah, no probs mr boss man. just make sure you dont lose any sleep over it in the mean time :-)
4myGod wrote:
I'll try not to, just don't expect any site updates for a while as I attempt this riddle. :P
lionheart wrote:
which bit don't you understand? the only shortened English I used above was max (short for maximum) and probs (short for problem).

I am usually very against short hand especially on sites with different language users so I will do my best to write proper English thai
WithAQuickness wrote:
My answer is kinda dumb but... no, because it's already halfway? I don't have any logic to support my answer yet but I'll be sure to think of something.
lionheart wrote:
right, but will the bridge collapse? I will give the answer tomorrow, see if someone can get it before then
lionheart wrote:
Its been a week so no more time to figure it out

The lorry weighs 10 tons when it gets to the bridge, however the bridge is 1 mile long, so when the bird landed on it the lorry had travelled half a mile. The weight of the fuel consumed in half a mile is heavier than the weight of the bird so the bridge does not collapse.
4myGod wrote:
OMG. FUEL!!! Nooo... I didn't think of that... ok lionheart, post another one, next one I will get ;)
lionheart wrote:
okay, try this one

what goes up a drain pipe down, but cant go down a drainpipe up?
4myGod wrote:
Just trying to think what goes up a drain pipe down is difficult. Drain pipe is gutter thing on the side of a house?