• 61 posts
  • Page 2 of 5
lionheart wrote:
yes, riddles are often more annoying once someone tells you the answer.

I don't know what they are called in America but here gutters run horizontally across the roof catching water and then drain pipes run vertically down to a drain.

A pipe basically
lionheart wrote:
I have quite a few riddles so there is every chance i will be banned from this site before long, lol
lionheart wrote:
no, it can go up a drain pipe down but cant go down a drain pipe up.

I don't know why I chose this riddle, I hate it, mainly because I couldn't figure out the answer either and I am usually pretty sharp at riddle solving.
4myGod wrote:
I promise not to let my frustration cause me to ban you... while I'm sober.
chris wrote:
FUEL OF ALL THINGS!!! Good one.

Up a drainpipe down, huh? Sounds like a decent riddle figuring out what that even means. You wouldn't have up and down drainpipes.

Well, of course I'm mad. It makes things a great deal more interesting.
thaithai wrote:
riddle 2:i am bad at english.drainpipe mean the way that Santa Claus go to our house in chirsmax? if that is true, the answer is smoke
lionheart wrote:
no thaithai, santa comes down the chimney. a drain pipe is a black tube that runs down the wall of a house carrying water to a drain.

I will give a hint, the item that can go up a drain pipe down but cant go down a drain pipe up isn't normally associated with drains but is in use at the same time as drains
lionheart wrote:
no, come on withaquickness, if that was the answer it would be a terrible riddle
lionheart wrote:
it can go up a drain pipe when its down but cant go down a drain pipe when its up.

not usually found around drain pipes but is used at the same time.

there we go iv extended it and given a hint so no more help
4myGod wrote:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/64/230490588_cc8fab4edd_o.jpg

That's a drain pipe thaithai.

Thanks for giving us less intelligent people so many hints lionheart :)

Now to put on my helmet before I think about this some more.
rgenandt wrote:
An umbrella - I think the hint kind of clinched it though...without that I would have been lost
lionheart wrote:
yeah it was a handy hint, I should be selling umbrellas at the moment, they will go better than my preserves here in the big welsh capital.