is conspiracy or no
  • 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
GhostRisk wrote:
who see blue and gold dress? is striped. Some see one. some see other. What you think happen? Is scheme? is no explainable? thank you
aeronautic wrote:
I think you refer to this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-31656935
It's a big spoof, because I can zoom into the pixels and see that they are completely different colour, not as they say, affected by the colours we see around them.
Left image same pixel is RGB (130, 145, 186)
Right image same pixel is RGB (54, 68, 190)

How gullible is our modern world?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Vexer wrote:
My wife saw gold and white and I saw blue and black. I guess her brain is "gullible"?

Our brains do post processing of the images we see to help us interpret them faster. For example the left eye's input is merged with the right. I think some peoples' brains filter the image improperly.

There's no spoof here. It's just an optical illusion. Clearly it's a blue and black dress but that's not how some people's brains interpret it.

Just goes to show that can't always trust what you see.
Hoodlum wrote:
it's blue and black, but I see it as gold and white.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
It's a simple optical illusion, the human eye focusses on the contrast, the differences with the background.

Check this xkcd: https://xkcd.com/1492/

If you zoom in and check the pixels, you will see that it is in fact the same colour.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
When I saw that xkcd I didn't know about that story, and I saw everything the same colours! Blue & brown anyone?
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
@Matty & @Vexer,

Yes I am fully aware that the colours around other colours change how we perceive the colours, but did you not see the facts I put in my post.
I copied each image into Photoshop and they are two different colours on the same pixel positions.

I can only assume that they have altered the picture colours to show what you could be seeing & should be seeing, but then how are we still getting people saying that "I see this colour or that colour"

Is nobody getting this?

I can only tell you that if you gave me the original image (untouched) and said what do you see here, I would simply zoom in to the pixels and select one and read the RGB numbers, which will tell me exactly what colour & tone it is! Then you could ask what people see and compare it. But to show another image with different colours on the RGB and ask "what colours do you see here" and then say, well it's actually these colours by putting another more vibrant image on, which when zoomed in and colour selected, shows a different RGB for the same pixels, is somewhat a ridiculous example and quite frankly very confusing, to those who can test this, as to why they would show manipulated colours to prove their point.

RGB numbers don't lie people!

The example Matty showed is the correct way to show this true colour perception.

The one on the right in my link is definitely blue (RGB 54, 68, 190) and a dark grey (blackish) with a tilt toward the Orange/Gold spectrum due to her skin colour behind (RGB 24 15 18) at one of its darkest points.
The one on the left is not the same picture colours, because zoomed in to the same pixels and colour selected, they are different on the RGB... See Post #2.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Yes, it's an overhyped thing, quite possibly ppl lie to show off even more, it's ppl after all, they're usually stupid (yes, that includes myself, I am really stupid sometimes).
The xkcd example is not played with, and I like the weirdness of this world and the way my brain does things, but there I stop :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
naathim wrote:
What matty said. It's a fun optical illusion ^^

For me it depends on the background (like that xkcd link matty, that's it for me in a nutshell) and how much I focus on it. I know logically it is blue and black, but when I first see it, it is definitely white and yellow to me! I have to focus to turn it into black and blue. But then if I scroll away and come back to it, it looks white and gold again :D

Peeps r weird.

The_Bishop wrote:
It's actually blue with a very strong light shot!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein