true to life, short original quotes with profound significance.
  • 55 posts
  • Page 4 of 4
Sygmassacre wrote:
We have the longest place name in the world. Its in Hawkes Bay.
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauautamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu......and that's the abbreviated version
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes probably the longest with 1 word only.

Bcoz I know the longest place name is:

Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit

Commonly known as "Bangkok"
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
farspaceplace wrote:
one welsh city,(cant remember if its this one in the thread, dont actually think so), made a long name just for the sake of attracting tourists; which worked actually).
Thats not to say that welsh towns dont have long names, because they often do, and the names are often rather bland/descriptive, such as: "The place that lies across the stream north of the big rock close to the sea", or something like that f.ex. This is what i heard though, im sure auro can correct me if im wrong. :)
aeronautic wrote:
@farspaceplace, If you look back just 5 posts to http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=2047&page=3#post-37037 you'll see The_Bishop's post about the very same place you are talking about and my reply to it.

LOL This is very much off topic now.

Here's a profound thought, "You can lose the whole plot if you skip 1 page!"
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Sygmassacre wrote:
If you read between the lines you see nothing but a white background
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
The_Bishop wrote:
I laughed more with the first really... This one I delayed a while to understand the meanings!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Damage_Inc wrote:
Two thoughts on KARMA:
1. If I did anything horrible to someone during the day, I can sleep well in the knowledge that KARMA ensures that they deserved it.
2. KARMA isnt confusing, or spiritual, or even deep. All KARMA is, is REVENGE without the satisfaction!