true to life, short original quotes with profound significance.
  • 55 posts
  • Page 2 of 4
aeronautic wrote:
But here is, I think the best and most important profound thought ever stated:
"There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed."
Mahatma Gandhi
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Nice Aero, this thread is my jam.

Guess who:

1. "No-one can make you feel inferior without your permission."
2. "Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid."
3. "Pushing the wheelbarrow is not hard, thinking about it is."

:)
You have a keen military mind Pod...
badbug wrote:
 Two of my favourites:

Courage is the price life exacts for granting peace
  -Amelia Earhart

I often have to remind myself, that all that is required to feel at ease with any situation, is just being brave enough to accept being at ease with any situation.  Whether it's huge things, like waiting for medical test results or little things like not freaking out over bad dice, just being able to change your mind about how you feel, independent of why you feel that way.

If you live the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion
  -Lin Chi

This is basically an attack on the idea of truth or peace or ideas themselves.  Lin is basically saying, profound thoughts are no more profound than any other thoughts, they're all just thoughts....

(((i like that fish one above)))

Sygmassacre wrote:
Players gonna play play play play play
And haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate
I'm just gonna shake shake shake shake shake
Shake it off, shake it off
-Taylor Swift
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Sygmassacre wrote:
For the love of Dominating 12 keep your capital strong
-Preset chat
 Σ
aeronautic wrote:
Pfft, sort him out please CheekyTeeky !?

p.s. I guess No.1 as Muhamed Ali?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
Eleanor Roosevelt
Albert Einstein
Ajahn Brahmavamso
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Sygmassacre wrote:
"If you think I'm a nobody, you're right. Nobody is perfect"
-Sygmassacre
 Σ
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Yes I wasted a whole post on onomatopoeia as a preface to this, THE most profound thought of all...

You cannot teach a man; that which he does not already know.

You have a keen military mind Pod...
Matty wrote:
CheekyTeeky - Oct 15, 04:14 AM
It keeps surprising me how the greatest teachers in the world actually don't say that much that you (we, I) didn't already know. You just didn't fully realize it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
CheekyTeeky - Oct 15, 04:14 AM
Yes I wasted a whole post on Onomatopoeia as a preface to this, THE most profound thought of all...

I thought the "Sigh" post was in reply to your boyfriend's previous post, until I read the next post. ^^

You may have hit on a new type of word expression, that was more of a mix of Phanopoeia & Onomatopoeia (Onomatophanopoeia), you expressed the Sense of the importance of the coming statement and let us Hear you building up to tell us.
Probably the most profound single word used in forums. ;)
elysium5 wrote:
Give a man a fish and he has food for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he has to buy bamboo rods, graphite reels, mono-filament lines, neoprene waders, creels, tackle-boxes, lures, flies, spinners, worm rigs, slip sinkers, offset hooks, gore-tex hats, 20 pocket vests, fish finders, depth sounders, radar, boats, trailers, global positioning systems, coolers and 6-packs.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
emjaydee wrote:
A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"