true to life, short original quotes with profound significance.
  • 55 posts
  • Page 3 of 4
aeronautic wrote:
Hey Mr. Nobody, do you have any profound thoughts, LOL you must hear a lot of them being a barman? Drunks have them all the time... I hardly ever drink, so I get one in a lifetime!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Sygmassacre wrote:
I remember once when some guys were having a deep theological discussion about the origins of the universe when one says "time began when the first clock was invented". Had to laugh at that one
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
4960epic wrote:
Well... Today as i climbed around the sparse foot holds on our 30k bushel bin, 43ft fall to the ground, I thought, jeez i better hold on good, cuz you only get one chance, one shot, one try at life. I thought jeez I don't wanna become one of those farm kid statistics. Lol
aeronautic wrote:
@epic, you'll have a lot more of those realisations as you grow older still. As a child you ran on instinct alone, but as an adult you grow a better sense of self preservation, because you can foresee eventualities, kind of like being able to see the future, but only with probabilities.
Sorry, that was a bit deep.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
killrick wrote:
ummm epic? at what age am i suppose to have the vision of an adult??
Hoodlum wrote:
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
That made my day, Syg!:)
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
"There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Sygmassacre wrote:
CheekyTeeky - Oct 15, 04:14 AM
You cannot teach a man; that which he does not already know.

Yes babe, and we don't need maps or instruction manuals either
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
elysium5 wrote:
Sygmassacre - Oct 22, 05:19 AM
Yes babe, and we don't need maps or instruction manuals either

I'd ask where you are going with this but I don't need directions.
The_Bishop wrote:
Virtuosity98
Can anyone who is capable of profound thoughts and who understands Finnish explain this word for me?

Epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydellänsäkäänköhän

On a similar subject...
Can anyone who is a profound Welshman explain me how cartography can manage a town with such a name??
Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwllllantysilio­gogo­goch

I'm not joking, it exists for real!! o_O
Here a video to teach you how to say:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll... well, that long name!

I know it was not a profound thought but at least it's a profound question?

In any case if you fail to say it don't get discouraged:
see the picture... (click to show)
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I have a picture of that Train Station in my photo albums. I went there about 10 years ago to get the photo, because it was in the Guinness Book of Records.

It's up in North Wales and most Welsh people just call it Llanfair (Clan Ver) It's hard to even write the word phonetically due to Welsh pronunciation of "LL".

It means: St Mary's church in the hollow of the white hazel near to the fierce whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio of the red cave.
However, I don't know why they didn't separate the words, I think they just wanted the longest place name in GB.

If you look at the GB & Ireland game map, it's on the island at the top of Wales, called Anglesey (Angle's Island), which incidentally, also shows Britain's Anglo Saxon history with Angles, Anglia, England (Angland), which incidentally brings me to my home town of Swansea, which again was derived from the Anglo Saxon "Sveinsey" (Sveinn's Island).