• 870 posts
  • Page 55 of 58
Glessesboy wrote:
New Desing (click to show)
Glessesboy wrote:
new desing (click to show)

How a bout this one?
Cireon wrote:
Since there's now a separate thread, I think we can leave discussion there now and keep this thread for new suggestions.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I received the following map suggestion from @Pomello earlier today. I thought it best to relay it to this thread.
Rome map suggestion (click to show)
I quickly noticed that this map is identical to World Classic in gameplay, right down to every single territory adjacency (pretty much). The only significant exception is that in this version, the substitute for E. Africa is not connected to the Middle East. For this reason, I don't think it likely that the map will be pursued, since it is a lot of graphical work just to offer a duplicate of the site's most popular map. But I thought the suggestion should be seen, if only for the interest of seeing a decent World Classic makeover :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

The_Bishop wrote:
Oh well, good noticing Virtuos...
Another small difference with World Classic is that here Middle East and China are connected while India and Kazakhstan are not. It's just the Italian version of the Classic Risk/Risiko board.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
iker wrote:
A map of Barcelona and its neighborhoods would be great! :) All my friends playing the game live here :) It would be a 60-70 territories.

https://barcelonamap360.com/carte/image/en/barcelona-neighborhood-map.jpg
aeronautic wrote:
These are just my opinions, others are welcome to give theirs.

For Rome, I'm guessing that someone would have to come up with their own map of Rome to save any copyright / creative rights infringement.

For Barcelona, I don't think we've ever made a map at this altitude, probably because it looks a bit chaotic. This would be very difficult to make into a Risk map and possibly too connected as well.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Glessesboy wrote:
aeronautic
For Barcelona, I don't think we've ever made a map at this altitude, probably because it looks a bit chaotic. This would be very difficult to make into a Risk map and possibly too connected as well.

Won't the map look of Barcelona look like Texas or Brazil?
aeronautic wrote:
At this altitude, it's a street map.... very chaotic, messy & confusing for Risk maps. Also very difficult to create intuitive regions.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Glessesboy wrote:
@aeronautic I can understand that but why does the map Texas with 100+ territories work and Barcelona doesn't?
aeronautic wrote:
I'm not saying it wouldn't work, I'm saying that at this altitude, it's a street map and it would be very difficult to make it into a Risk Map.

Even with region & territory borders it's hard to look at.... chaotic.

I don't know why you have used Texas as an example for this suggestion, they have nothing in common at all.
The_Bishop wrote:
Overall I agree with Heronautic.

Allthough I'm thinking with one way connections we can do sorta' car map, with one way lanes and crosses.
Better would be a very small village or hood.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I'm interested.... any references or examples?
Darrella wrote:
Enjoyed playing a 3v3 map of Texas and then Westeros. Great job and thank you guys. Really enjoying the big maps. What if you did a state map (pick your favorite) with every county as a different territory?  I think it could be a cool easy to design big map. For example Michigan has 83 counties, which would make for a nice map with lower and upper penisula's and then add a few ports/ ferries. Thanks so much if anyone is reading in advance. 

Darrell, A