Have a cool idea? Suggest it here!
  • 870 posts
  • Page 54 of 58
elysium5 wrote:
I think there is lots of potential with the idea. Always nice to see unique maps.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aeronautic wrote:
I like what you did with creating the land mass.
Eventually, it will be good to have the topography superimposed on the land and sea.

I think this one is worth creating a thread for, please do.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Dima wrote:
asia, from byzantine over persia, bactria and kushan to china. and with india to the south and scythia to the north
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Glessesboy wrote:
Hey People!

I'm intrested in making a map of The Netherlands. and maybe also Belgium and Luxemburg.

If its a idea that gets some intressted people, can i have some help for creating it?
The_Bishop wrote:
I think we have many Netherlanders here, so it sounds like a good idea.

Plus it looks like a well shaped country for a game map
Wikipedian map of The Netherlands (click to show)
...a bit scrolly maybe, but it's the problem of many maps.

Note: good graphic skills are required in order to make a DominatingXII map and it could take more time and efforts than what you expect.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
Glessesboy
If its a idea that gets some intressted people
Obviously I think that's a great idea, go for it!

You'll have to think a bit on how to make borders though - it's the Netherlands, you can't exactly throw some mountains to separate territories, because we don't have any mountains here B| :P
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Glessesboy wrote:
How many regions and territories is a good amount?
Is 12 regions with 30 territories playable?
Glessesboy wrote:
Idea for Netherland (click to show)
Matty wrote:
The problem that I see with that map is that almost every territory is a border. So if you take a region, you now have to defend everything.
There's a territory in Limburg, Zeeland and maybe some of the Waddeneilanden that aren't borders, but the rest all is.

The afsluitdijk is cool here, but also a bit annoying gameplay-wise.

That being said, we don't have a map that connected, and they're all small regions, so it might work.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I disagree actually. If you look at Groningen (top-right green region), it's a complete dead-end hidden behind Friesland (yellow region in the top). The rivers are a bit hard to see, but I think the connectivity is actually a bit weird right now. If you get certain regions, you can get another region for free without defending any other territories, and that will definitely impact gameplay. Super-regions can work, but on a small map like this one, maybe not something we should have a lot of.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Glessesboy wrote:
Matty
The problem that I see with that map is that almost every territory is a border. So if you take a region, you now have to defend everything.
There's a territory in Limburg, Zeeland and maybe some of the Waddeneilanden that aren't borders, but the rest all is.

The afsluitdijk is cool here, but also a bit annoying gameplay-wise.

That being said, we don't have a map that connected, and they're all small regions, so it might work.

Yes I understand the point, the problem is that the provinces of the netherlands are devided by mostly rivers and canals, so to create borders in game i only realy can use those... Also to keep it realistic.

Solution is maybe to devide the provinces with more territories? or less borders , or both