Have a cool idea? Suggest it here!
  • 870 posts
  • Page 48 of 58
ggg123 wrote:
farspaceplace
well ggg123 - they are good ideas, but making just one map is a huge undertaking, not something u just do in a forthnight. (except for Hoodlum who just seems too spew them out).

Hi Farspaceplace, yes i understand, im not proposing to make them all, just 1. But i need to garner interest, so far one for cuba. I dont think these posts get so much traffic to indicate the interest. The site could do a running survey where evermonth month or couple of months they pitch 3 ideas for people to vote on.
farspaceplace wrote:
Actually as i understand it, then you can just get started. Any idea is basically fine (mostly). You prob know this already, but there is a guide to how to sort get the process underway somewhere. Its just to present some rough drafts in a new forum and the other mapmakers will come with their ideas and other input. So u can work on any idea u like, maybe check out the Bretancourt Manor - it might be something like that u are thinking about for a cuban conflict map, just in larger scale? Anyways good luck w it.

farspaceplace wrote:
And interest will likely come when its starts to get underway - but most will prob not even know about it until (if) it gets done. So dont worry about people not responding know. Admittedly its a little loose subject to just ask "hey would u guys like a map of this or that". So dont worry bout that i d say.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
@ggg123 it's good to see your suggestions and interest in potentially making a map for the site :) You should definitely be aware that making maps for this site will require many many hours and a quality end-product. It is not an undertaking for the faint-hearted! But, if you are fully committed to it, you can definitely take it on! Make sure to fully read the first post of this thread before making your decision.

From your suggestions, I feel that Cuba and Algiers are the best suggestions, since they are landscape in orientation and therefore fit better on a screen. Vietnam would be very interesting but would require lots of scrolling if it was made into a risk map (not good).

Perhaps a reason why there haven't been many responses to your suggestions is because other priorities are taking precedence, namely optimising the server and eliminating the few bugs that still remain. Since we have a huge array of maps already, map-making is not the number one priority. Having said that, if you would like to make a map you are more than welcome to do so, at which point further interest and support will definitely come :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
rayrayokotcha
Middel-Earth from Lord of the Rings would be great!!
Copyright is a thing :(
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
The Middle Earth!

Spoiler (click to show)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Hoodlum
The Middle Earth!

Spoiler (click to show)
Seriously, that might be a good map to play on.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
It looks like NZ is kicking Australia's butt. :D
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
aeronautic

lol true.. nz upside down looks like the other boot - italy
Fendi wrote:
Hoodlum
aeronautic

Hoodlum, you don't sound as surprised as you should be. :P
Spoiler (click to show)

Seriously though. The style is awesome

Hoodlum wrote:
Fendi
Hoodlum
aeronautic

Hoodlum, you don't sound as surprised as you should be. :P
Spoiler (click to show)

Seriously though. The style is awesome

NZ kicking Australia's butt isn't a surprise :D
elysium5 wrote:
I like that map.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
GeneralManos wrote:
Me and my friends have started playing since quarantine and would love a map of the manayunk or roxborough area. Much appreciated if someone can make it a reality